+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Advice needed for IELTS LoE for EE/CEC

May 13, 2020
Hello,

I’m having quite a bit of trouble submitting a Permanent Residency application under EE (CEC is what I’m aiming for).

I’ve been in Canada for 20 months on a working holiday visa (originally from the UK) and have 14 months of full time work experience under NOC code 5225 which falls into category B.

I’ve been unable to take the IELTS due to the Covid lockdown restrictions and have been having a conversation with CIC via the IRCC web form.

I was instructed to submit a letter of explanation stating that I have been ‘affected by the service disruptions caused by the novel coronavirus’.

They told me to include the LoE in the ‘Optional documents (Client information)’ section of my online application but I was unable to see this option.

I used the IRCC web form to send the LoE document to them to see if they could attach the document to my application on my behalf and they sent me back a response saying that they cannot include the LoE in my application because I am not currently eligible to apply for PR under EE.

As far as I can tell, the only thing I don’t have that would make me not meet the criteria is the IELTS.

I have the years work experience and there no financial or educational requirements for CEC, so I’m not sure what I’m missing.

I’ve been trying to get this resolved since mid March and my current visa expires at the start of September so I’m getting very frustrated and nervous.

Apologies for the long winded explanation of my situation but any help regarding this would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

Liam

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Unfortunately, there have been many cases where students that were assured something on the phone/webform have not turned out true on the actual application. The reason is for this is that probably someone new will be looking at your application. If I had to guess, your missing IELTs is the problem and you probably have to wait till you can take it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I’m having quite a bit of trouble submitting a Permanent Residency application under EE (CEC is what I’m aiming for).

I’ve been in Canada for 20 months on a working holiday visa (originally from the UK) and have 14 months of full time work experience under NOC code 5225 which falls into category B.

I’ve been unable to take the IELTS due to the Covid lockdown restrictions and have been having a conversation with CIC via the IRCC web form.

I was instructed to submit a letter of explanation stating that I have been ‘affected by the service disruptions caused by the novel coronavirus’.

They told me to include the LoE in the ‘Optional documents (Client information)’ section of my online application but I was unable to see this option.

I used the IRCC web form to send the LoE document to them to see if they could attach the document to my application on my behalf and they sent me back a response saying that they cannot include the LoE in my application because I am not currently eligible to apply for PR under EE.

As far as I can tell, the only thing I don’t have that would make me not meet the criteria is the IELTS.

I have the years work experience and there no financial or educational requirements for CEC, so I’m not sure what I’m missing.

I’ve been trying to get this resolved since mid March and my current visa expires at the start of September so I’m getting very frustrated and nervous.

Apologies for the long winded explanation of my situation but any help regarding this would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

Liam
I'm confused. How did you set up your Express Entry profile and get ITA without IELTS test results?

Or are you asking about setting up your Express Entry profile?

May 13, 2020
I haven’t had an ITA yet.

I’ve not managed to get any further than creating an EE profile but if I try and submit it without any IELTS results it seems like it just gets automatically rejected cause I don’t meet the basic criteria. Hence the need for an LoE as to why I cannot include them.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I’ve not managed to get any further than creating an EE profile but if I try and submit it without any IELTS results it seems like it just gets automatically rejected cause I don’t meet the basic criteria. Hence the need for an LoE as to why I cannot include them.
Ah - got it. Thanks for clarifying.

There's no workaround. You will need to wait until you can take IELTS or CELPIP and have the test results before you'll be able to set up an Express Entry profile. Language test results are a mandatory pre-requisite.

LOEs only work once you've already received ITA and are submitting your application. They are a complete non-starter for EE profiles.

Unfortunately you'll need to wait.

Do you know how many points you'll have?

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
FYI - the reason why they said you are not currently eligible to apply for PR under EE is because you haven't received ITA. Only those who have already received ITA are eligible to apply for PR.

Unfortunately you either got wrong advice from the IRCC rep (which happens far too often) or the person you communicated with misunderstood you and thought you already had ITA.

No option but to wait until you can take a language test. :(

May 13, 2020
Many thanks for your advice! It’s certainly been better than my correspondence with IRCC...

Last time I checked I would have around 500 points, thats with high scoring IELTS results.

The earliest bookable date for IELTS looks to be the 9th of September (though this could very well change given the current climate) but my work visa expires on the 11th.

Would it be advisable to try and take them and then apply for a bridging visa whilst that’s being processed? Or is it likely that I’ll have to return to the UK...?

Thanks again
Liam

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Many thanks for your advice! It’s certainly been better than my correspondence with IRCC...

Last time I checked I would have around 500 points, thats with high scoring IELTS results.

The earliest bookable date for IELTS looks to be the 9th of September (though this could very well change given the current climate) but my work visa expires on the 11th.

Would it be advisable to try and take them and then apply for a bridging visa whilst that’s being processed? Or is it likely that I’ll have to return to the UK...?

Thanks again
Liam
500 points is good. When calculating your points, make sure you aren't including 50 points for having a job offer. You'll only qualify for these points if your employer has obtained an approved LMIA.

You won't qualify for a Bridging Open Work Permit using the scenario above. To qualify for a BOWP, you must have already received ITA and submitted your complete application - also your work permit must still be valid.

I would keep checking IELTS and CELPIP dates. Maybe things will open up earlier.

Good luckl

Reactions: liamadamtreacy

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019

Thanks again
Liam
I believe some IELTS test are being conducted in British Columbia with limited capacity, you could look into that.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

There is nothing you can do because the IELTS score is not something fixed. There can be literally hundreds of possible results and the only way to know is by having a results.

You will have to wait until you are able to write either IELTS or CELPIP. I would strongly recommend you write CELPIP since you will get the results much sooner than IELTS.

Also you need your English test results to create a profile and then be eligible to receive an ITA. You will very likely get a high enough score to guarantee you'll get an ITA the next draw...

Just wait and start gathering all the documents so that you are ready to apply the same day you receive the ITA...