+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent : A way to re-enter Canada by air with expired PR card

Shankar6

Apr 28, 2010
I have a question and would really appreciate members's kind guidance on this. I traveled out of Canada with a valid card for a temporary assignment in May 2018. I had applied for renewal of my PR card in March 2018 (expiring in June 2018) but hadn't received it before my travel. I was hoping to receive My PR card before my scheduled return journey on Aug 26, 2018, but due to a name change request there seems to be a delay and I am not sure if I will receive it before my travel date. From the time of my entry in Dec 2012 till date I have met my residency obligations in Canada (1263 days). I am intending to take a ride share from Seattle to Vancouver as I do not drive. Should I be concerned about any problems at the border, since I am doing a ride share in a private vehicle as opposed to driving on my own. I would be grateful for your kind guidance and response which I eagerly await before making my arrangements. Thank you!

Natalia visko

Dec 21, 2018
Hey not sure how to ask questions here but I live in Canada and I have a permanent resident card but it is expired and I had an emergency coming up so I had to go to Germany my grandma passed away and I'm a German citizen living in Canada with a permanent resident card which is expired anyway what's the best way for me to enter Canada again because I cannot wait for travel document I have two little children at home who need waiting for me

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hey not sure how to ask questions here but I live in Canada and I have a permanent resident card but it is expired and I had an emergency coming up so I had to go to Germany my grandma passed away and I'm a German citizen living in Canada with a permanent resident card which is expired anyway what's the best way for me to enter Canada again because I cannot wait for travel document I have two little children at home who need waiting for me
Apply for a US ESTA and fly back via the US then cross over a US/ Canada land border with your expired PR card.

In applying for an ESTA make sure you apply through the official site at least 3-4 days before travel, cost 14USD. They used to do real-time approvals but just changed to 72 hours or more before travel

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

Reactions: scylla

Natalia visko

Dec 21, 2018
One more question I'm filling out the ESTA and I'm wondering what address should I write down do I have to write down the address where I live or can I write down the address where I'm right

Natalia visko

Dec 21, 2018
One more question I'm filling out the ESTA and I'm wondering what address should I write down do I have to write down the address where I live or can I write down the address where I'm right now in Germany??