+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent:1PG certificate+Another 1year PG Certificate=How many years of Workpermit

dddanny2006

Mar 31, 2014
Hi friends,

I need help here.I want to know as to how many years work permit do 2 separate back to back PG certificates give?

I know that a 2 year course gives a 3 year work permit but I'm not sure about 2 different PG courses of 1 year duration each taken year after year.

For example :1year PG course(Accounting)+1year PG course(Marketing) taken back to back

Please give your inputs from experience.

Thanks

Dan

raju12w

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
If the official length of your program of study is:

less than eight months:
you are not eligible for this program

less than two years but more than eight months:
you may get a work permit for a period no longer than the length of your program of study (for example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit may be issued for a period of nine months)

two years or more:
a work permit may be issued for three years

You will be issued a 3 year PGWP as per what you have said

dddanny2006

Mar 31, 2014
Thanks for the response guys.Some people have said that they look at the latest credential and give only 1 year work permit.Could anyone please check this out for me or from people who have done the same and got 3year workpermit.

Thanks again

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
dddanny2006 said:
Thanks for the response guys.Some people have said that they look at the latest credential and give only 1 year work permit.Could anyone please check this out for me or from people who have done the same and got 3year workpermit.

Thanks again
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob194A.asp

dddanny2006

Mar 31, 2014
I dont understand that.Could you please tell me how long duration would they give me.And that link is old too.

Students holding a one-year graduate degree, diploma or certificate from a participating institution in Canada after having obtained, within the prior two years, a certificate, a diploma or degree from a participating institution in Canada may qualify for a three-year work permit.

In my case both will be graduate certificates instead of one certificate + graduate certificate

Thanks alot