+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UREGENT!!! Sender name in self addressed pre-paid envelope for Passport return

Thinkin

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
I got the request to mail our passports in a pre-paid self- addressed envelop so that they can send us the Permanent Residence Visa along with the CoPR document. My question is in the self-addressed envelop what is the sender name and address I should put? Should I put sender or From Address (for return) as:
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av.
West Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Also the Fedex shipping label form asks for a Phone Number for the sender and in the IRCC instructions it was mentioned not to put IRCC phone number. Do you know what number to put here for Fedex?

I am closing on the 30 day deadline to send the passports.

Please see instructions CIC sent to me regarding self-addressed envelop and shipping the passport below.

Pasting the relevant details from STEP 3: PREPARE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS section of the letter CIC sent:
One pre-paid return envelope for the return of your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents: DO NOT SELECT “Schedule a pickup”; DO NOT put IRCC Phone Number or email address. If your documents are being returned to a mailing address in the U.S.A, please submit a self-addressed shipping label along with its commercial invoice and a returning envelope from FedEx, UPS or Purolator.

Pasting the relevant details from STEP 4: SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS section of the letter CIC sent:
If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A., please submit by courier in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:
CPCO – PR VISA
365 Laurier Av.
West Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Last edited:

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
These are the official instructions provided by IRCC: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

Cross border shipment instructions
For cross border shipments, it is strongly suggested that you purchase and send a FedEx online shipping label with the preferred shipping speed (you have several options).

To purchase a FedEx online shipping label please follow the instructions below. If you need help call FedEx at 1-800-463-3339.

1. Ctrl-Click on this link: Purchase FedEx Shipping Label
  2. Fill in the ship “From” address section with the CPC-Ottawa mailing address as below:
    • First Name: CPC-Ottawa | PR-TR PRINTING
    • Company: [Leave this field blank]
    • Street Address: 365 Laurier Ave West
    • Apt/Etage/Bureau/Suite: [Leave this field blank]
    • Postal Code: K1A 1L1
    • City: OTTAWA
    • Province: Ontario
    • Phone: Your own Phone Number, DO NOT put IRCC Phone Number.
    • Email notifications: Put your email address here, DO NOT put the CPC-O email address.
    • Tax ID no.: Leave blank
  3. Fill in the ship “To” address section with your mailing address details;
  4. Select “item”: FedEx Envelope, 0.2 kg. Carriage value: Leave blank.
  5. Select “SHIP DATE”: If not today or tomorrow (further in the future)
  6. Select the fastest delivery service offered in your region
  7. For pick-up, select Item #3 – Use an already scheduled pickup at my location
    • DO NOT SELECT “Schedule a pickup”
  8. Review all mailing details and pay online:
    • You can use a credit card or an already existing FedEx account. Remember that the address for the credit card or FedEx account has to match what is already on file. If you fail 3 times, it will lock out the payment number you’re trying to use.
  9. VERY IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
    • When you receive the e-mail confirmation from FedEx, open the shipping label and save the label as an electronic version (PDF file) on the desktop of your computer.
    • Print all the pages of the pdf file, including commercial invoices, on plain white paper, single sided.
    • Include in your parcel ALL the pages that printed with your documents.
You do not need to include an empty FedEx envelope.

Mani_1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019

The pickup link in this link is
CPC ottawa | PR tr printing
365 Laurier Av.
vs
CPCO – PR VISA

365 Laurier Av.
which is in PPR email that would that make any difference?

I am asking as I used first one which in this link