+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

uploading proof of realtionship. need advice

BCworker

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI, my sister is permanent resident in Canada. I have to upload her passport copy as proof of relationship.
ISSUE:
Parents name on her passport : harjinder singh dhindsa and swaran kaur dhindsa
Parents name on my passport : harjinder singh and swaran kaur

i dont have last name of my parents on my passport but my sister has.
Is it going to create any issue in my EE application???

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCworker said:
HI, my sister is permanent resident in Canada. I have to upload her passport copy as proof of relationship.
ISSUE:

Can you get birth certificates for yourself and your sister with the same parents' names on them?

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCworker said:
ISSUE:

don't you have newspaper clipping or something else when your parents added sirname?
or get it done from your parents side that we are known by both these names,and attach that proof alongwith.

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
was the last name of your parents in your sister's birth certificate recently added? is there such a thing as name change document in your country? if yes, then you can get those for your parents.

i have the same issue with my aunt who is a canadian citizen. she changed her surname when she got to canada and she has documentation on her old and new name.

BCworker

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Can you get birth certificates for yourself and your sister with the same parents' names on them?
birth certificate has the same issue... its shows last name on my sisters but no last name on my birth certificate

BCworker

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pav said:
don't you have newspaper clipping or something else when your parents added sirname?
or get it done from your parents side that we are known by both these names,and attach that proof alongwith.
i dont have any newspaper clipping.
what do u mean by get it done from your parents side that we are known by both these names,??? what they have to do to do that???

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCworker said:
i dont have any newspaper clipping.
what do u mean by get it done from your parents side that we are known by both these names,??? what they have to do to do that???
Either get it done in newspaper or they can declare it as an notarized affidavit.
What I can infer from the names, that you or your parents reside in punjab, so go to any notary they know how to do this thing,not a big deal.