+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Uploading police certificate online with MYCIC - IEC App from Australian - HELP

Aussie 0987

Feb 21, 2013
I have completed stage two of my second IEC Work Holiday Visa online at MYCIC (I am an Australian currently in Canada working on my first IEC Visa). I received a message from MYCIC advising that I need a Canadian Police check which im awaiting in the mail. The message advised that my application will be completed once the police certificate is uploaded.

My question is, has anyone who has got to Stage 2 online at MYCIC, have they submitted the police certificate online then been requested to post the original. Or has had stage 2 approved without submitting the original police certificate.
So many issues with MYCIC online has caused unnecessary delays and I would like to know if they will request the original now. No where online or in my online application does it state this.
CIC call centre tells you something different each time you call and I know that the Canadian Consulate in Sydney does not handle this as per Operational Bulletin 490 Jan 2013. Stage two of Australian IEC applications are handled at Canadian Centralized locations from Jan 2013.

Anyone who has been in this situation, your advice is much appreciated.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Completed stage 2 as well, haven't heard from CIC tho. I've been living in Canada for the last 11 months too.
Same situation. When I check my checklist it says behind all the documents I submitted 'Required by March 3rd'.
That's so weird, isn't it? Anything I need to do? Or do I have to wait until March 3rd until they process my application?
I submitted the whole thing on Feb 11th. And got the submission confirmation.

Aussie83

Feb 22, 2013
I am in the same boat - my current VISA runs out in April, for my current VISA app, is it a Canadian police check I attach - not and Australian - or both?

Thanks guys!

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
I am in a similar boat although I am applying for a Canadian Work Permit. They have requested an original Police Certificate be uploaded to MYCIC. Australian Federal Police checks come in hardcopy format only so this makes it impossible unless I mail it in. On top of that I have found that MYCIC is actually broken and I cannot upload the Police Check as there is no Upload button anywhere on the page??

Considering that Australians need to mail their original Police Certificate to the IEC to get their Conditional Acceptance letter to actually start stage 2, and that no where in the process of submitting the Stage 2 documentation does it mention needing an original copy not a photocopy, It would have been nice to be warned before hand that we need multiple hardcopies of the Police Certifcate to prevent unnecessary delays and work for everyone involved.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
You guys heard back from cic, thats something. I haven't heard from cic since feb 11th when i submitted my application. Im a little worried right now...

Aussie83

Feb 22, 2013
Hi Aussie 0987, as you are in the same situation as me, perhaps you can help me with the following query - I too am currently on a IEC working hol visa and am reapplying from Canada. On form IMM1295E, how did you answer Qs 7-9. 7-Country of current residence, 8-previous countries of residence, 9-Country where applying? I am confused - does current country of residence mean our permanent home (ie. permanent residence Australia) or where we are living now (Canada). I am also confused as the form is called 'App for Work Permit made outside of Canada' which makes sense since we are not from Canada, but we are living here....confused! Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

scottyj11

Apr 10, 2013
I am applying for a work permit online. I have a job waiting for me with a July 15 start.

I have submitted my application online and on the 26th March was asked to upload a National Police Check. I have it but cannot upload it. The letter I received stated I would have until 26 April to upload, but on the MyCIC application webpage it shows 'required by' 26 March (ie the date I got the letter!!!)

I emailed in regards to this problem on MArch 30th and again on April 8th and have NOT RECEIVED a reply! Is there a number I can call from Australia to get this sorted out? The 1-888 number does not work from Australia.

Thanks

cheema_nz

Jan 15, 2010
Matty_84 said:
I am in a similar boat although I am applying for a Canadian Work Permit. They have requested an original Police Certificate be uploaded to MYCIC. Australian Federal Police checks come in hardcopy format only so this makes it impossible unless I mail it in. On top of that I have found that MYCIC is actually broken and I cannot upload the Police Check as there is no Upload button anywhere on the page??

Considering that Australians need to mail their original Police Certificate to the IEC to get their Conditional Acceptance letter to actually start stage 2, and that no where in the process of submitting the Stage 2 documentation does it mention needing an original copy not a photocopy, It would have been nice to be warned before hand that we need multiple hardcopies of the Police Certifcate to prevent unnecessary delays and work for everyone involved.
I am having same troubles and they don't seem to be ending....Sydney asked for my PCC and I tried to upload it 'MYCIC' without any luck (same case as you missing upload button)...So I emailed it them but haven't gotten a reply from Sydney, its been two weeks now...I don't know if they received it or not...I am really worried and stressed out right now....
i even email Questions @ Cic.gc.ca to fix my online account so that i can upload documents but they didn't reply either....
IF you do get any kind of update can you please post on here or message me....thanks in advance....

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
Just an update for my issue regarding not having an upload button for the police certificate,

The issue is still not resolved. There only reply was that their tech team would fix it shortly and i should try to try and upload it again. It is still broken and now my deadline to upload it has passed (March 19th deadline, I lodged jan 19th and they requested the afp check about a week after lodgement)

It has now been 3 months since I lodged my application. I have received zero communication since they asked me to try and upload it again over a month and a half ago. Mycic shows it as being overdue and there is no way for me to confirm that they received it in one of my emails I sent so it seems as though it is stuck in limbo.

Does anyone know of a way for Australians to actually get assistance with things like this? Lines of communication for anyone outside of Canada seem to be non existent. And it seems as though even a simple status update of your application is too much to ask for.

This has been by far the worst experience I have ever had with trying to obtain visa. Very disappointing.

cheema_nz

Jan 15, 2010
Matty_84 said:
Just an update for my issue regarding not having an upload button for the police certificate,

The issue is still not resolved. There only reply was that their tech team would fix it shortly and i should try to try and upload it again. It is still broken and now my deadline to upload it has passed (March 19th deadline, I lodged jan 19th and they requested the afp check about a week after lodgement)

It has now been 3 months since I lodged my application. I have received zero communication since they asked me to try and upload it again over a month and a half ago. Mycic shows it as being overdue and there is no way for me to confirm that they received it in one of my emails I sent so it seems as though it is stuck in limbo.

Does anyone know of a way for Australians to actually get assistance with things like this? Lines of communication for anyone outside of Canada seem to be non existent. And it seems as though even a simple status update of your application is too much to ask for.

This has been by far the worst experience I have ever had with trying to obtain visa. Very disappointing.
Mine is also showing as not attached...I keep emailing Sydney but no response...I am not sure if we can lodge a complaint about this...Its ridiculous....

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
I was told by the sydney office via email that they have no jurisdiction and can't help. The problem is with mycic and Canadian immigration. I am going to try and call the sydney office and see if I get the same response.

cheema_nz

Jan 15, 2010
I have called up Sydney Office but got nowhere...The lady on the phone was super rude and not helpful at all...She said email and wait for response. I said I have emailed like 10 times but no reply and she said she doesn't know then.
I have no idea now how to send my PCC (if not by email). I am willing to post it to Sydney but not sure if they accept that too.
This is getting out of hand!!!

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
Sydney doesn't deal with stage two of the process. Once you get your conditional approval everything is done by Canadian immigration in Canada from what I understand. There is no way to contact them for an update.

aussie_lee

Apr 19, 2013
i found uploading the Australian police cert was easy i just scanned the original then uploaded it im havein problems with the imm 1295 form i cant find the 2013 form if any one could help that would be awesome iam_toby i saw you found it could you help

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
Aussie_lee you should be able to download it from the document upload page. Just click on the document name and it should download from what I remember. Did you have a upload button under options next to police certificate on the upload document page?