+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Uploading documents- file size issue

Sep 22, 2018
Hello members,

Have received an ITA last month

Need a suggestion. I am uploading documents in my profile, but the file size for the proof of funds document is close to 20 MB, but the mandated size is 4MB. Tried compressing it and brought the size down to 4, but some of the pages are illegible now, owing to the reduction in the DPI.

Any suggestions what should be done? I am contemplating uploading some of the POF documents in the LOE section? Is that a sensible thing to do?

Thanks

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello members,

Have received an ITA last month

Need a suggestion. I am uploading documents in my profile, but the file size for the proof of funds document is close to 20 MB, but the mandated size is 4MB. Tried compressing it and brought the size down to 4, but some of the pages are illegible now, owing to the reduction in the DPI.

Any suggestions what should be done? I am contemplating uploading some of the POF documents in the LOE section? Is that a sensible thing to do?

Thanks
You can use any one or more steps to solve your issues-

1. Set scanner resolution 150-200 dpi (ideally 300dpi)
2. Use online tools such as small pdf, ilovepdf etc. for compression.
3. You can copy and pest scanned images in MS word one after another and then publish as pdf document. If still more than 4mb then you can use adobe software paid version or online tool to compress the file.
4. You can compress scanned images using "Microsoft office picture manager" and then convert them to pdf and merge together. Open image with the application and then click edit at top. After that on right hand corner you will find compress. [This process will surely solve your problem]

Hope this helps.

Last edited: