+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Uploading a Supporting Document: System-generated error code

Aug 12, 2011
I cannot upload the RCMP police record check as a supporting document for my Permanent Residence. Every time I try it prompts a "system-generated" error code. I've tried messaging CIC though the "Report a Technical Issue" tab but no response yet. I've see a few posts on the board concerning this problem but none have a remedy. Here is the full error message:
Our Online Services Are Currently Down
System-generated error code:W82XOPF5 (2019-07-31 04:56:10)

Sorry

This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons::

1. We are currently updating this Web site.
  2. We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.

jeevabio

Aug 8, 2019
I cannot upload the RCMP police record check as a supporting document for my Permanent Residence. Every time I try it prompts a "system-generated" error code. I've tried messaging CIC though the "Report a Technical Issue" tab but no response yet. I've see a few posts on the board concerning this problem but none have a remedy. Here is the full error message:

Sorry

Please try again later.
Hello Have you solved the issues? Please give me suggestion , i am also facing the same issue.

jeevabio

Aug 8, 2019
Hi there bud, I am having the same issue for the last 3 days now. How did you resolve your issue? Thanks
HELLO,

You can go through either of the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

This is the only option as for a i know. it is called IRCC Webform.
i did initially reported with technical problem. then 5 days later got e-mail that it solved. But it not solved my side. Therefore, i did again the enquiry explained the issues and asked them to upload my documents, i attached the document through the webform, case specific enquiry. Then i got email 1 week later that my documents have been forwarded to responsible officer.
But i couldn't see any updates in my online application. Therefore, i requested again to upload. Then again got e-mail 1 week later that it verified the responsible officer received the documents.

So try the above mentioned link and provide your information, and describe the problem and ask them to upload your documents. then next page, they would ask for to send attachment, you can say yes, and upload your document it would reach.

SurfacePro

Oct 3, 2019
HELLO,

i did initially reported with technical problem. then 5 days later got e-mail that it solved. But it not solved my side. Therefore, i did again the enquiry explained the issues and asked them to upload my documents, i attached the document through the webform, case specific enquiry. Then i got email 1 week later that my documents have been forwarded to responsible officer.
But i couldn't see any updates in my online application. Therefore, i requested again to upload. Then again got e-mail 1 week later that it verified the responsible officer received the documents.

So try the above mentioned link and provide your information, and describe the problem and ask them to upload your documents. then next page, they would ask for to send attachment, you can say yes, and upload your document it would reach.
Thank you for your reply. I will go ahead and get the web form done, hopefully they receive my documents soon. Have you received your COPR? My medical was Passed on September 20 and they are currently working on background check

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
HELLO,

HELLO,

Hi. Thanks for the advise. I am getting the same issue while trying to transmit and pay. I too had contacted IRCC and they asked me to raise a webform, which I did. However I only attached the screenshot of the error page I was getting. May I know what document did you attach when you said that you attached a document which the IRCC officer confirmed on receiving and verified?
Did the error page finally get resolved? I am unable to pay and submit and hence cannot receive an AOR. Would be really grateful if you would respond. Thanks

DanielN

Apr 27, 2023

Sorry

Please try again later.
Hi,

Yesterday we had the same problem with my wife; it was disappointing.

The only way to fix this issue is to create another new GCKey account with a different user but the same email as the old one. Once inside the new account, you have to find one link that allows you to link applications from another account; having the information of the previous application, you should be able to import it to your new account.

It sounds nonsecure; however, to link previous applications, the system asked you to confirm much information about that prior application. If it's your application, you will be the only one with all that info; worst case scenario, you would have to go through your email or personal files.

For our case, we wanted to recover even previous approved applications; the most complex info to find was two specific numbers related in our permit documents.

I have decided to take some time and suggest our solution as we felt so bad yesterday after that error appeared. We don't want more people in that position.

Let me know if you have any questions about our process to address this situation.

Zzzzzzzzzz

Apr 15, 2018
Hi,

Yesterday we had the same problem with my wife; it was disappointing.

The only way to fix this issue is to create another new GCKey account with a different user but the same email as the old one. Once inside the new account, you have to find one link that allows you to link applications from another account; having the information of the previous application, you should be able to import it to your new account.

It sounds nonsecure; however, to link previous applications, the system asked you to confirm much information about that prior application. If it's your application, you will be the only one with all that info; worst case scenario, you would have to go through your email or personal files.

For our case, we wanted to recover even previous approved applications; the most complex info to find was two specific numbers related in our permit documents.

I have decided to take some time and suggest our solution as we felt so bad yesterday after that error appeared. We don't want more people in that position.

Let me know if you have any questions about our process to address this situation.

My login problem generates an error. "Session timed out"
I am thinking of doing what you did, making a new gckey account with the same email. How exactly did you link previous applications?

DanielN

Apr 27, 2023
My login problem generates an error. "Session timed out"
I am thinking of doing what you did, making a new gckey account with the same email. How exactly did you link previous applications?
Once you have your new usr, you'll find a sentence with a link that says something like; "link existing applications"

Just create your new usr, and I'm pretty sure that you'll find the option. You just need general info from your previous application to bring it up to your new profile.