+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upgrade the job before finish the work permit

bader

Jan 4, 2009
Hi,
Is there option for upgrade LMO by any other job with same employer while the LMO as a low skilled pilot program.?
For example if anybody land in Alberta with low skill pilot program and he want to upgrade his job from starting time or after few months. ( is that possible ?)
Any more information about that.
Thanks & regards

benchioa

Dec 5, 2008
Hi Bader,

I came to Alberta under low skill pilot work permit and after six months my employer decided to promote me to assistant manager. They applied for a new LMO and when it came out I applied for change of status at CIC Vegreville. It is easy as long as your employer wants to promote you. Hope my experience help you.

bader

Jan 4, 2009
Thanks for reply me.
Now I am happy by your this answer.
Cogratulation for your permotion & best of luck.
How many take time when you apply that and any other requirment for change the job ?
Regards.

benchioa

Dec 5, 2008
Hi Bader,

It took 5 months for my LMO to get approved. I guess it depends on how busy Service Canada is that why it took that long. My employer had to show that they did the effort to hire an assistant manager locally first by advertising in the Canadian Job bank and newspaper ad as part of the requirements for LMO. After the approval for LMO, it only took a month for Vegreville approve my new work permit. Hope this will be informative for you. Good luck again.

bader

Jan 4, 2009
Thanks again.
Your information will help me.
I was send you happy good year.
You got that? if not then give me your email I send again.
Regards.