+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medicals - Share Your Experience

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
iam_toby said:
You don't have to do upfront. It's always recommended to wait for MR and then to the meds, however, in my case I will be travelling ( backpacking ) by the time I expect the MR, so I won't be able to do the meds when CIC sends me the request - hence, I'm doing
it upfront.
Thanks for the quick response! I am more inclining towards doing it only after I receive the MR, I'm expecting it within the next 2-3 weeks.

Good luck with your application.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
razerblade said:
Thanks for the quick response! I am more inclining towards doing it only after I receive the MR, I'm expecting it within the next 2-3 weeks.

Good luck with your application.
Yes, as a July applicant you should get your MR in the next week or so.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
iam_toby said:
Yes, as a July applicant you should get your MR in the next week or so.
Hopefully. It seems CIC was processing faster than ever up till last week, and now seems to have slowed down for some reason. Maybe it's just in my head since it's getting close to my application.

sasdp

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
iam_toby said:
You don't have to do upfront. It's always recommended to wait for MR and then to the meds, however, in my case I will be travelling ( backpacking ) by the time I expect the MR, so I won't be able to do the meds when CIC sends me the request - hence, I'm doing
it upfront.
Hello,
Upfront RPRF is refundable or not?

leakhena

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
20-02-2014 PCC
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
25-02-2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
28/05/2014
VISA ISSUED...
04/06/2014
LANDED..........
11/06/2014
Upfront MR now is never late.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
iam_toby said:
What's that supposed to mean? ???
Hello Toby, I am a February 2014 applicant. Please advise when is the best time to request for GCMS notes and upfront medical.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
alijumani said:
Hello Toby, I am a February 2014 applicant. Please advise when is the best time to request for GCMS notes and upfront medical.
There's nothing for you to do for the next 5-6 months. And in 5-6 check at what pace CIC is processing applications.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
iam_toby said:
There's nothing for you to do for the next 5-6 months. And in 5-6 check at what pace CIC is processing applications.
Thx for your reply, I am really confused regarding my job reference letter. I sent my job duties to HRSDC for their critic and I got a reply from HRSDC stating " Based on the information that you have provided, the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) code may be appropriate for the occupation that you described. "

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
alijumani said:
Thx for your reply, I am really confused regarding my job reference letter. I sent my job duties to HRSDC for their critic and I got a reply from HRSDC stating " Based on the information that you have provided, the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) code may be appropriate for the occupation that you described. "
Everyone gets that same response, it's a generic email they send out.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
iam_toby said:
Everyone gets that same response, it's a generic email they send out.
OMG! Such a relief. I was freaking out, do you think it is good that HRSDC gave me green signal regarding my job duties

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
alijumani said:
OMG! Such a relief. I was freaking out, do you think it is good that HRSDC gave me green signal regarding my job duties
It's neither good, nor bad. CIC doesn't care about the email from HRSDC, it will not affect your application to any degree.
Your duties have to match the NOC you applied under, and it is up to the officer to assess and approve that.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
I updated my blog: >>http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/my-upfront-meds-experience.html

Just came back from doing my upfront meds.

crediblesam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Brampton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
Hey Toby,
your experience will give us a great insight for upfront medical.just a thought, I think we can update the email address too in the information you posted on your website for where to send the upfront medical UMI numbers. I believe its CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca , please correct me if I am wrong.