+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical Validity

ra_di07

Nov 30, 2017
Dear Senior Members,
I recieved ITA (PNP) last week and currently in progress of completing the application and documents. I did my upfront medical in advance in last year mid Dec'19 but received the ITA in Jul'20. My Medical is still valid for next 4 months and I am targeting to submit my ITA application by 15th Aug. Can you please suggest if CIC will accept my application with my old medical report valid till 14th Dec'20 ? Do I need to submit a new medical report instead of old one ? I am presuming if the document review process can be completed by Oct'20 then still I will have time to land Canada by early Dec'20 using my old medical. Please suggest. Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You should be fine. You probably will not be able to land before December, in which case they could ask you to undergo another medical exam, but this can be waived.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Dear Senior Members,
I recieved ITA (PNP) last week and currently in progress of completing the application and documents. I did my upfront medical in advance in last year mid Dec'19 but received the ITA in Jul'20. My Medical is still valid for next 4 months and I am targeting to submit my ITA application by 15th Aug. Can you please suggest if CIC will accept my application with my old medical report valid till 14th Dec'20 ? Do I need to submit a new medical report instead of old one ? I am presuming if the document review process can be completed by Oct'20 then still I will have time to land Canada by early Dec'20 using my old medical. Please suggest. Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Unless IRCC changes its policy of health exam in the next few months, there is NO regulation in their guidelines to waive the new medical exam, if the old one expired. I would strongly suggest you to have a new medical exam before e-APR if possible.

Reactions: ra_di07

ra_di07

Nov 30, 2017
You should be fine. You probably will not be able to land before December, in which case they could ask you to undergo another medical exam, but this can be waived.
Thanks for your response. Let me go ahead with the existing medical certificate.