+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical type as student by mistake

five_golden

Jul 29, 2018
Hi all, please help with the below

I took my medical examination 2 months before getting the invitation to apply (because it was cheaper and convenient for me at that time). I declared clearly to the clinic officer that I planned to apply for the Canadian Federal Skilled Worker under Express Entry program. However, in the information sheet, it was stated wrongly in the upfront medical type as a "student". The printer at the office was out of order on the date I visited, and that's why I was not given the information sheet on the same day. In the following week, as I was out of the country, my sister helped me to collect the sheet. We found out the mistake and questioned the clinic officer right away. However, we were advised that there would be no problem since the upfront test is the same for workers and students. Also, that officer said she couldn't change anything as it was already submitted.

I went to another clinic and was about to re-do my health check regardless of the extra cost. However, they said to me there is no point doing the health check again as my profile was already in the system. The only thing is just the status of "worker", which is just a simple click. It shouldn't be a big deal.

Is anyone in the same case with me? What would you recommend me? It will cost me extra 375 eur to re-do the health check. Apart from the cost, it would not look nice if I have 2 health profiles in the e-Medical system

Really appreciate any thoughts. Thanks very much in advance

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018

I took my medical examination 2 months before getting the invitation to apply (because it was cheaper and convenient for me at that time). I declared clearly to the clinic officer that I planned to apply for the Canadian Federal Skilled Worker under Express Entry program. However, in the information sheet, it was stated wrongly in the upfront medical type as a "student". The printer at the office was out of order on the date I visited, and that's why I was not given the information sheet on the same day. In the following week, as I was out of the country, my sister helped me to collect the sheet. We found out the mistake and questioned the clinic officer right away. However, we were advised that there would be no problem since the upfront test is the same for workers and students. Also, that officer said she couldn't change anything as it was already submitted.

I went to another clinic and was about to re-do my health check regardless of the extra cost. However, they said to me there is no point doing the health check again as my profile was already in the system. The only thing is just the status of "worker", which is just a simple click. It shouldn't be a big deal.

Is anyone in the same case with me? What would you recommend me? It will cost me extra 375 eur to re-do the health check. Apart from the cost, it would not look nice if I have 2 health profiles in the e-Medical system

They should be able to get it corrected, they had put some particulars wrong for me, they got it corrected by calling up in Canada and changes were done in e-medical system in Canada. It happened with me in UK. Just tell them they should make the contacts they have in Canada who they deal with know about this mistake. Once submitted physician can't make changes but from Canada it can be done.

five_golden

Jul 29, 2018
They should be able to get it corrected, they had put some particulars wrong for me, they got it corrected by calling up in Canada and changes were done in e-medical system in Canada. It happened with me in UK. Just tell them they should make the contacts they have in Canada who they deal with know about this mistake. Once submitted physician can't make changes but from Canada it can be done.
Thanks very much for your sharing!

Fazleembaig

Jul 16, 2019

Did you get your visa? For me it should be Student, instead it was submitted as Worker by Hospital people.

alessio2110

Star Member
May 19, 2018

Hi. What did you end up doing and how did it go?

allisgood1

Apr 28, 2021

Please sir, how did you go about this, I am having same issue.

Kim@0818

Sep 23, 2022
Hi got the same concern for my 4 years old. She is supposed to be "visitor" but they put "student" instead.