+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical for Express entry

Mariyautkina

Nov 22, 2019
Hi,

My common law partner and I are applying for the permanent residency in Canada through the Express entry. We have done our language exams and submitted diplomas for evaluation. We are still waiting to get the results of the evaluation, therefore we haven't yet created an Express entry profile. However, according to the calculator, our score is 472, so we have good chances to get selected in the next draw.
We are wondering if it is possible to get an upfront medical exam for both of us to save time. Should we wait for the ITA before getting the exam or can we do it ahead of time?
I am a bit confused by the claim of not being able to conduct upfront medical exams for spouses and whether this claim applies to us.

Thank you for your help!

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Hi,

My common law partner and I are applying for the permanent residency in Canada through the Express entry. We have done our language exams and submitted diplomas for evaluation. We are still waiting to get the results of the evaluation, therefore we haven't yet created an Express entry profile. However, according to the calculator, our score is 472, so we have good chances to get selected in the next draw.
We are wondering if it is possible to get an upfront medical exam for both of us to save time. Should we wait for the ITA before getting the exam or can we do it ahead of time?
I am a bit confused by the claim of not being able to conduct upfront medical exams for spouses and whether this claim applies to us.

Thank you for your help!
wait for the ITA its better if you get it done after the invite.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Does it take very long in your country to get an appointment for medical exam? You have 60 days to submit your application after receiving ITA. Medical exams are valid for 1 year, so if you do it early, your subsequent landing will also be earlier (leave you less time to land after being approved). But choice is yours.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,

Thank you for your help!
no point really in doing so. if evaluation takes longer and it delays creating your application and so delays the approval. your medical might get clsoer to expiry date