+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical Exam

Jetan Mehta

Apr 24, 2018
Can my wife go for upfront medical test as I am sponsoring her from india to Canada on PR base????Will cic accept upfront medical test from the physian panel of cic????Please advise......

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Can my wife go for upfront medical test as I am sponsoring her from india to Canada on PR base????Will cic accept upfront medical test from the physian panel of cic????Please advise......
I believe that upfront medicals for spousal sponsorship applications are no longer available/recommended.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#after

Do your medical exam
All of your family members (who are not already a Canadian citizen or permanent resident) need to pass a medical exam, even if they aren’t applying to come to Canada with you. Failure to declare and have family members examined will affect your application, and your ability to sponsor them in the future.

If you have a dependent child who is a minor and you have joint or sole custody, that child is considered a dependant. The child will need a medical exam even if they live with the other parent and won’t be coming with you to Canada.

We’ll send you and each family member a request to complete a medical exam at an appropriate time in processing. This request will include instructions about what to do.

If you have linked your application to an online account, you will receive your instructions in your account immediately after we issue them.

Note: Don’t be concerned if you don’t receive a request to complete medical exams immediately after applying. Because medical results can expire, we might not ask you to do your medical exam right away. This is to reduce the chance that a new medical exam will be required later.

The request to complete a medical exam will provide instructions about what to do.

Once you get a request for a medical exam, you must:

• Print the IMM 1017 form and the instructions for each person.
  • Make sure to bring the form to the exam for each person.
Do the medical exam within 30 days of medical instructions being issued to you.

Note: If you’ve already completed an immigration medical exam, you must provide details in the “medical examination” section of your document checklist. Depending on when the exam was done, you may have to do it again. If you haven’t completed a medical exam or need to do a new one, we’ll send you instructions.