+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical exam requirement

NeoJ

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Dear all,

To become a PR, under EE, people need to go to upfront medical exam. How about citizenship application? When applying for citizenship, is there any medical exam requirement? I cannot find any clear answer on the official website. Maybe I missed it. Appreciate if can post the official website link.

Also, if wife is sponsored by a PR, does wife need to go through medical exam?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Dear all,

To become a PR, under EE, people need to go to upfront medical exam. How about citizenship application? When applying for citizenship, is there any medical exam requirement? I cannot find any clear answer on the official website. Maybe I missed it. Appreciate if can post the official website link.

Here's an entire thread on what you need/don't need for citizenship application: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-for-canadian-citizenship-a-comprehensive-guide.687393/

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Dear all,

There is no additional medical exam for citizenship applicaiton since that person had already passed their medical exam when becoming a PR.

If the wife is sponsored by a PR, either she was included in the sponsor's PR application and went through medical at that point. And she will need to go through medical exam for her PR application (sponsored by PR spouse later on) as well.