Jan 4, 2018
I got it done here
City: New York
Name: Albert Levy
Address: 911 Park Ave,
New york
Telephone: 212-288-7193
Spoken Languages: English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
300 for medical and 50 for x-ray separate. X-ray is done in a nearby location.
Hi - how was your experience with this doctor? I am planning to schedule an appointment soon.
can you tell me what documents usually they ask for during the medical?

thanks!

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hi - how was your experience with this doctor? I am planning to schedule an appointment soon.
can you tell me what documents usually they ask for during the medical?

thanks!
They just needed passport, I carried ITA print out also but was not needed, photo was also taken at the dr office only. It just took half an hour for blood/urine test and physical. They know about the process very well, a lot of people must be visiting there, x-ray was done at nearby location.

sumit8383

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
I live in the USA and there is only one panel physician in my city who does the exam, which is very expensive: about $400 USD = $548 CAD. I am within driving distance of a Canadian city where there are about 20 panel physicians who charge much less, do lots more exams, use eMedical system, etc. So I went there for my exam: it cost half as much (about $222 USD), was able to get an appointment much sooner, and results available in a third of the time (3 days vs. 10 days). I have not had any issues with doing the exam outside of USA.
This is very helpful, thanks. I intend to drive up to Vancouver as well for my medicals ( i have a visitor visa, hope that would be fine). It is more than a month's wait to get an appointment in Seattle.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
This is very helpful, thanks. I intend to drive up to Vancouver as well for my medicals ( i have a visitor visa, hope that would be fine). It is more than a month's wait to get an appointment in Seattle.
Yes, get it done in Canada. It is definitely better and much cheaper.

sumit8383

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Yes, get it done in Canada. It is definitely better and much cheaper.
Interesting fold of events... Doctor's office in Seattle says that they accept my medical insurance and i dont have to pay anything out of pocket :O Will call them again to confirm this, but if true, it might be worth to wait for few weeks, rather than driving to canada and spending equivalent of $500 USD.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Interesting fold of events... Doctor's office in Seattle says that they accept my medical insurance and i dont have to pay anything out of pocket :O Will call them again to confirm this, but if true, it might be worth to wait for few weeks, rather than driving to canada and spending equivalent of $500 USD.
It is not only about them accepting it, insurance has to approve the claim also and it is highly unlikely. If they file the claim under some other code in order to get it approved, that would be fraudulent and I would not recommend it.
500 USD sounds to be on the higher side. On the east coast (Toronto area) it only costs about 200 CAD, so even including travel costs it works out much cheaper than US prices.

blue_borna

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Yaa, the 1200$ + USD has made me think. It is too much. Seems even more than medical exam in UK which was 300 GBP (780 USD).
If anyone can tell me for sure there wont be any legal problems if we get our medical done in Mexico or UK (our country of residence is USA), or where can we get the answer on CIC website... I would really appreciate it.

Thank you
It’s £330 in UK. Expensive

sumit8383

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
It is not only about them accepting it, insurance has to approve the claim also and it is highly unlikely. If they file the claim under some other code in order to get it approved, that would be fraudulent and I would not recommend it.
500 USD sounds to be on the higher side. On the east coast (Toronto area) it only costs about 200 CAD, so even including travel costs it works out much cheaper than US prices.
Thanks for the inputs. On the west coast, cheapest I got was $300 per person, so $600 CAD for 2 of us, and I rounded that off to USD $500.

But what you said about insurance accepting the claim is making sense, I will look into it. Seems like I will end up driving to Vancouver, BC.

BTW, do you think it would make sense to call the insurance (Premera Blue Cross) and check upfront ?

Thanks again.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Thanks for the inputs. On the west coast, cheapest I got was $300 per person, so $600 CAD for 2 of us, and I rounded that off to USD $500.

But what you said about insurance accepting the claim is making sense, I will look into it. Seems like I will end up driving to Vancouver, BC.

BTW, do you think it would make sense to call the insurance (Premera Blue Cross) and check upfront ?

Thanks again.
500 USD for 2 is probably ok. In the US, it will be 400-500 USD each.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks again.
It's an elective "procedure", not something that is medically necessary, so there is pretty much zero chance that your insurance will pay for it.

bigshow13

Feb 13, 2018
Hello

I called the doctor in San Diego and they mentioned that ther are not able to take any appointments as their system is broken. They were asking if I wanted a express entry test or not. I am not sure what that means? How do I set up an appointment ? anyone here had been to SD for their Mediccal ?

ziszee

Oct 18, 2018
Hi,
Any Doctor near Cincinnati, Ohio? There is one in Louisville,KY. Anybody has any idea how is the service? how long does it take to get the result? How much it costs? Any cheap and reliable physician panel in the East coast? Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thank you.