Upfront medical delays

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That's a good question.. they are giving people an additional 90 days right!? They are expecting it. So if you send your application without your exams, they will probably return it and give you more time, based on the pandemic based schedules.
In my case I will wait one or 2 months before sending without it.. see how far this thing goes! Unless someone knows any other way around.
As already stated, IRCC is not returning apps that are missing things due to COVID-19 closures.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
That's a good question.. they are giving people an additional 90 days right!? They are expecting it. So if you send your application without your exams, they will probably return it and give you more time, based on the pandemic based schedules.
In my case I will wait one or 2 months before sending without it.. see how far this thing goes! Unless someone knows any other way around.
Just submit your application and get the exam done when you can, submit a very brief letter instead of the upfront medical. That's it, don't overcomplicate it

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
Same here. I will wait 2 months. Really hope things open by than. My pcc is also stuck cuz of this

AhmedElemam2020

Mar 19, 2020
Same here. I will wait 2 months. Really hope things open by than. My pcc is also stuck cuz of this
Don’t wait. The situation is getting worse day after day. Maybe if we wait, a lot of documents might become outdated or expires such as the bank letters, bank statements and PCCs and we will not be able to get new updated ones due to the restrictions imposed to restrict spread of corona virus like curfews in many countries and closure of governmental offices

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi, I am kindly seeking anyone's assistance in my situation. I had my upfront medical done today at a IRCC Panel doctor. However, it it not completed because the hospital where I should complete my xrays etc is closed due to Covid-19.

The doc informed me that I can proceed to complete my application and upload the medical receipt with my application. And when the hospital reopens i will receive a call instructing me to come in to complete the following tests. I am applying for a PGWP and my new job will entail teaching children.
My question is do I need to upload a letter of explanation of why I do not have the results at this time?

Do I need to inform them at a later time I have fully completed the medicals? If so, how will this be done?

Most importantly, will i have to wait for the PGWP is approved to begin my new job? Currently, my study permit restricts teaching occupation.

Thank you so much for responding to my concerns.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I am kindly seeking anyone's assistance in my situation. I had my upfront medical done today at a IRCC Panel doctor. However, it it not completed because the hospital where I should complete my xrays etc is closed due to Covid-19.

The doc informed me that I can proceed to complete my application and upload the medical receipt with my application. And when the hospital reopens i will receive a call instructing me to come in to complete the following tests. I am applying for a PGWP and my new job will entail teaching children.
My question is do I need to upload a letter of explanation of why I do not have the results at this time?

Do I need to inform them at a later time I have fully completed the medicals? If so, how will this be done?

Most importantly, will i have to wait for the PGWP is approved to begin my new job? Currently, my study permit restricts teaching occupation.

Thank you so much for responding to my concerns.
Yes, include a letter of explanation.

Yes, you need to wait for the PGWP to be approved without the restriction, meaning it must be approved with a complete medical, including the x-ray. You can't teach until you actually have a work permit approved without the restriction.

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Thank you :) Also, the receptionist at the office told me about a webform to inform IRCC that it is now completed. Is this webform located on cic.gc.ca? How exactly should I go about this?

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020

Yes, you need to wait for the PGWP to be approved without the restriction, meaning it must be approved with a complete medical, including the x-ray. You can't teach until you actually have a work permit approved without the restriction.

Thank you :) Also, the receptionist at the office told me about a webform to inform IRCC that the medical now completed once its done. Is this webform located on cic.gc.ca? How exactly should I go about this?

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020

Hi, I am back just a quick question, i would be interested in completing the E.C.E online partime diploma studies. However, it is strictly online and each course is worth credits. Would this have an implication on my PGWP or should I wait until i attain permanent residency? I am graduating with B.A degree in May. Thanks again

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I am back just a quick question, i would be interested in completing the E.C.E online partime diploma studies. However, it is strictly online and each course is worth credits. Would this have an implication on my PGWP or should I wait until i attain permanent residency? I am graduating with B.A degree in May. Thanks again
If it is fully online, not an issue.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/other-considerations.html

Distance learning

Distance learning can be through e-learning, correspondence, or internet courses. Distance learning is a process by which technology is used in ways where the student does not have to physically be in the place where the teaching is taking place.

Since by definition distance learning does not require one to be in Canada, a study permit cannot be issued for this type of course. For example, if a foreign national authorized to work in Canada is prohibited from engaging in studies as per a condition of their work permit, they are allowed to engage in distance learning courses.

However, some distance learning courses include an in-Canada portion to the program (e.g., special tutorials or the writing of final exams). If the overall course of study is greater than six months, then the student requires a study permit for the in-Canada portion of the program, even if the in-Canada portion is less than six months. The duration of the study permit should be for the duration of the in-Canada portion only.

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
If it is fully online, not an issue.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/other-considerations.html

Distance learning

Distance learning can be through e-learning, correspondence, or internet courses. Distance learning is a process by which technology is used in ways where the student does not have to physically be in the place where the teaching is taking place.

Since by definition distance learning does not require one to be in Canada, a study permit cannot be issued for this type of course. For example, if a foreign national authorized to work in Canada is prohibited from engaging in studies as per a condition of their work permit, they are allowed to engage in distance learning courses.

However, some distance learning courses include an in-Canada portion to the program (e.g., special tutorials or the writing of final exams). If the overall course of study is greater than six months, then the student requires a study permit for the in-Canada portion of the program, even if the in-Canada portion is less than six months. The duration of the study permit should be for the duration of the in-Canada portion only.
I see there is a practicuum for the part time program, however, I am still exploring schools with strictly online program. I am allowed to do the courses individually online without enrolling as part time just yet but each worth 3 credits. Would you say this is my safest option to do them individually until I am in the right position to apply part time which means I will have no issue doing the practicuum when I cross that bridge. Would you agree? Thanks for the clarification @canuck_in_uk

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I see there is a practicuum for the part time program, however, I am still exploring schools with strictly online program. I am allowed to do the courses individually online without enrolling as part time just yet but each worth 3 credits. Would you say this is my safest option to do them individually until I am in the right position to apply part time which means I will have no issue doing the practicuum when I cross that bridge. Would you agree? Thanks for the clarification @canuck_in_uk
I'd say that should be fine.

Reactions: Longhair