+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical delays

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I'd say that should be fine.
@canuck_in_uk Thanks. I think this is my final question. When I receive my PGWP it should state 3 years based on my 4 years studies. However, being that I also did my upfront medical yesterday and still awaiting to fully complete it, when this is fully completed and submitted, this will last only 1 year correct? How would I be able to extend this once the 12 months are over for the upfront medical? Will my PGWP still reflect 3 years or 1 year as the no restriction based on my upfront medical? I have been looking for similar concerns on the forum but is unable to find any.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk Thanks. I think this is my final question. When I receive my PGWP it should state 3 years based on my 4 years studies. However, being that I also did my upfront medical yesterday and still awaiting to fully complete it, when this is fully completed and submitted, this will last only 1 year correct? How would I be able to extend this once the 12 months are over for the upfront medical? Will my PGWP still reflect 3 years or 1 year as the no restriction based on my upfront medical? I have been looking for similar concerns on the forum but is unable to find any.
Not correct. With a complete medical done, your PGWP will be issued for the 3 years without the condition.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hi, I was hoping to get some advice from you guys!

Currently I am working in Canada as a nurse with IEC open work permit. I received ITA on 24th. I already had made appointment to get my medical exam done on 30th but due to COVID outbreak, it is cancelled indefinitely until further notice. I'm uncertain that it will be done on time.

As I needed medical exam done to enter Canada as a student and then a worker, I got my medical exam done on May 2018. Now I know this is more than 12 months and it has expired.

The problem is that my current work permit will expire in April 2020, meaning I need to submit all paperwork to apply for bridging open work permit.

Do you think that submitting expired medical exam will result in rejected PR application?

I can just not work when my work permit expires and wait until my PR comes through, but given current situation, I feel like I need to help. And in order for me to do it legally and safely I really appreciate if you share your thoughts. Thank you!
Hello,
What did you finally do? Did you apply for PR without upfront medical? And did you receive AOR?