+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical - Awkward Scenario with eAPR Deadline Approaching

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
I did my upfront medical but my spouse had traveled so we agreed that she could have her done outside our country of residence (which is KSA).

However, after completing mine, I too had traveled and was assured that the results would be uploaded via e-medical and that I would be provided a scanned copy of the form so I could upload the required document in my online application.

Fast forward a week and I just happen to get a call from the place I did my medical saying I need to come in and redo one of tests (urine test) because it was unclear. I told the nurse I was unable to do that anymore and you had more than a week to tell me if the results were inaccurate or inconclusive and to call me in to redo anything. Furthermore, I told her that she had lied to me saying everything was okay and it was just a matter of uploading the results while I was there. Such incompetence I tell you. By the way, just for everyone's information this was at Sulaiman Habib Medical Center in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The level of incompetence and inefficiency there is through the roof!

Anyway, I now have ANOTHER medical scheduled in a different country where I am currently on vacation. I won't be returning to my country of residence (KSA) before my deadline which is the end of August. So I have to either redo the medical (paying for it all over again), and my spouse will do her medical as well for the first time, and submit the application with the forms provided.

OR

Decline the ITA, redo my stupid lab test, have spouse do the medical in country of residence and resubmit as soon as we (if we do) receive another ITA.

I'm a bit conflicted here because even if I redo my medical while traveling, they need a few days to upload the results. They have explained to me that I will receive the form and I can upload before the deadline and this can be done regardless of when the medical office uploads the results to CIC. I'm not entirely sure how true that is.

Can anyone provide any suggestions for this awkward scenario I am in?

Thanks.

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Update:

Redid the medicals and got the upfront medical confirmations. Never realized how simple it's supposed to be. Not sure what's going on in Saudi Arabia but their current practice is NOT the norm. So disappointing and frustrating to say the least.