+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront med exam question: What to do withHCV Positive but undetected viral load

ritz1284

Jan 7, 2017
Hi all,

I tested positive for HCV *no idea how I got it* I went through testing as part of pre-natal screening with my wife.

Anyway, the viral load testing came out undetected and the doctor said I cleared out the virus on my own and no further testing or treatment needs to be done.

So here's my question..I will be going through an upfront medical exam...do I need to tell them about my HCV positive testing?

I have never engaged in any risky behavior: multiple sex partners, drugs, blood transfusion. So they won't know unless I tell them. I don't mean to hide this I just would like to know what others did in a similar situation.

If I tell them..do I need to show some sort of note from my doctor? My doctor is willing to issue me a clearance but she wants to know what type of note she needs to provide? Is there a specific format that CIC requires?

By the way, I will be applying inland and also the HCV testing was done here in Canada.