+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront document preparation hoping I will receive ITA in a few weeks

x001358

Aug 3, 2021
In a few weeks , I will have 1 year Canadian Experience here in Canada and hoping I will get ITA. Is is better to start Police Verification and other process now ? Thanks!

kartikj001

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
yup, get your police verification done. it doesnt have a expiry date so even if u get ITA after 3 /4 months would not be a problem

PaulAbhik23121989

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
In a few weeks , I will have 1 year Canadian Experience here in Canada and hoping I will get ITA. Is is better to start Police Verification and other process now ? Thanks!
yes, you can prepare and start your upfront documents and its not an issue. I did mine before I got my ITA like the PCC.
Besides, it saves time because PCC roughly takes 2/3 months (depends on your local PS).

Last edited:

x001358

Aug 3, 2021
Thanks . When doing Police Clearance for India, do we need to submit both Old Indian Passport and New Indian Passport. ? Any idea ?

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
yes, you can prepare and start your upfront documents and its not an issue. I did mine before I got my ITA like the PCC.
Besides, it saves time because PCC roughly takes 2/3 months (depends on your local PS).
The PCC i got was from RCMP, it says that the record cannot be found with my name and date of birth. is that a valid PCC or do i need a more detailed like a fingerprint one? Also, how long are the background checks valid for?

PaulAbhik23121989

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
The PCC i got was from RCMP, it says that the record cannot be found with my name and date of birth. is that a valid PCC or do i need a more detailed like a fingerprint one? Also, how long are the background checks valid for?
I dont think IRCC asks for RCMP PCC. They ask PCC from your home country and if you have lived in any other countries (you might need PCC from other countries as well).
Biometrics or fingerprints is valid for 10 years.
Also, how long are the background checks valid for? - dont know about the validity of background checks and I dont think if there's anything validity. I think its only valid while your PR is in process.