+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Canadian Fingerprint for Citizenship Application

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
My friend will submit his application for citizenship. While he is preparing the documents, he wants to know if he can submit an upfront Canadian fingerprint with his application. I looked into it but I did not find any answer. Does anyone have any experience?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
My friend will submit his application for citizenship. While he is preparing the documents, he wants to know if he can submit an upfront Canadian fingerprint with his application. I looked into it but I did not find any answer. Does anyone have any experience?
It is wise not to submit anything that has not been asked ~ and not to delay anything that has been asked.

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
It is wise not to submit anything that has not been asked ~ and not to delay anything that has been asked.
One of my friends was asked to provide a finger print from his home country after he did the test within 30 days. Normally, it takes more than 45 days. It's good to have a finger print from home country ready in hand when someone is going to the test. Another friend was thinking of submitting it upfront, as well as the Canadian finger print to shorten his application processing time.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
(1)asked to provide a finger print from his home country... (2)the Canadian finger print to shorten his application processing time.
1. There is nothing called 'fingerprint from home country". At best it'd be a PCC requirement, which the applicant already knows is a requirement while applying for Canadian citizenship ~ and should provide one with his/her application. Viz. "living 183 days and above in any country other than Canada". Meanwhile, FP request is an inland thing. Which not everyone is asked to submit.
2. Nothing can "shorten" our processing time. We can at best curtail it's additional timeframe by submitting a correct and complete package to begin with ~ and submitting the required docs (if asked) as soon as possible, which absolutely should be within the timeframe it has been notified to (by the additional docs request letter sent by IRCC, which will not be for everyone).

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
One of my friends was asked to provide a finger print from his home country after he did the test within 30 days. Normally, it takes more than 45 days. It's good to have a finger print from home country ready in hand when someone is going to the test. Another friend was thinking of submitting it upfront, as well as the Canadian finger print to shorten his application processing time.
The finger print request is locally in Canada, not from another country, you're probably confusing the Police clearance, and that's part of the initial application requested documents ONLY If you've been out of the country for a certain amount of days. Not everyone gets the finger print request. Like others have said in this thread, Don't send them more than they ask for, don't send them less. It's as simple as that.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Yes, I agree.
This is what they requested, and when you login to the URL they provide, you will find that it considers the fingerprint only as a police certificate. I uploaded the quick scan from him in the following URL:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00009857045699783865

^That is not a fingerprint request as you've already understood. And that PCC should've been submitted by your friend with the application package itself.

Reactions: CitizenSoon

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015

^That is not a fingerprint request as you've already understood. And that PCC should've been submitted by your friend with the application package itself.
Not necessarily, maybe they weren't there for more than 183 days and the officer deemed necessary to request it anyway after test?

It is for sure not a request for FP, though, and I agree one should not send MORE than requested. especially because FPs one does before the file being in process won't have a case file/UCI attached for RCMP to send the info to IRCC etc etc, unnecessary mess, IMHO.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
While I've always been in the camp of supplying only what is asked for, when it's requested, there was someone that sent their FP without a request from IRCC, just because they would possibly be away when the request came in. It worked for them. I still wouldn't do it, though.

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
No. I strongly warn you against doing so.
FP are not requested for everyone citizenship applicant.
Your friend will receive a letter from IRCC request FP if they deem it necessary.