+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront biometrics?

Ramil Rahimov

Jul 23, 2018
Hello all! Just a quick question, maybe someone had similar situation - can one go for biometrics upfront, before receiving biometrics email?

For clarity, let me explain my situation: I've got my ITA and now preparing docs for upload. I decided to have my medical exam in Warsaw, because it's way cheaper in Warsaw than in Prague, where I live. Moreover, closest biometric visa center is Warsaw in my case, so I'll need to go to Warsaw several days after my medicals (AOR) once again, just for biometrics. Is it possible that I submit my biometric data in advance, while I'm there for medical exam?

Thank you in advance for suggestions!

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
If the cic website says you can go for upfornt biometrics like they say for medicals then you may. Otherwise you have to wait for the letter.

Aiwilo

Oct 1, 2018
Hi there. Just wondering if you were able to do upfront biometrics? I am in simmilar situation. I am leaving Canada in a week and getting ready all documents to submit this week. I would like to upload everything and not to worry while travelling. Please advi

Ramil Rahimov

Jul 23, 2018
Hi there. Just wondering if you were able to do upfront biometrics? I am in simmilar situation. I am leaving Canada in a week and getting ready all documents to submit this week. I would like to upload everything and not to worry while travelling. Please advi
Hi. I received biometrics request on the day I passed medicals. I don't see any possibility to do it upfront, because as of my understanding now, IRCC checks your documents before giving you "Medicals passed" status, and they want you to give biometrics only after this documents check.

Aiwilo

Oct 1, 2018
Thanks so much for the info:) how long it took for you after submitting to see medical passed?

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
Hi. I received biometrics request on the day I passed medicals. I don't see any possibility to do it upfront, because as of my understanding now, IRCC checks your documents before giving you "Medicals passed" status, and they want you to give biometrics only after this documents check.
Did you give the biometrics in the country where you applied ?or we can give it in any place ? Iam about to submit and will be travelling ..

Ramil Rahimov

Jul 23, 2018
Did you give the biometrics in the country where you applied ?or we can give it in any place ? Iam about to submit and will be travelling ..
I think you can give biometrics anywhere, but I would advice to do it where you currently live, because if you give your biometrics in VAC (VFS-Global) and later you receive PPR, then you don't pay passport submitting fees to VFS-Global due to biometrics fee ($85) covers passport submitting fees in that VAC. But if you give biometrics in one VAC and submit your passport to another VAC, then you'll pay passport submitting fees to the second VAC.

In my case, I did my biometrics in one country, my family in other country and all is fine. I believe there's no geographical limitation for biometrics.

Reactions: sao_18

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
I think you can give biometrics anywhere, but I would advice to do it where you currently live, because if you give your biometrics in VAC (VFS-Global) and later you receive PPR, then you don't pay passport submitting fees to VFS-Global due to biometrics fee ($85) covers passport submitting fees in that VAC. But if you give biometrics in one VAC and submit your passport to another VAC, then you'll pay passport submitting fees to the second VAC.

In my case, I did my biometrics in one country, my family in other country and all is fine. I believe there's no geographical limitation for biometrics.

Thanx......I wanted to remove this stress out of mind before i travel for vacation....
Your detailed explanation is a piece of contentment..

Noor_

Jan 20, 2019
Hi Guys,
I have a similar situation where its been almost 50 days I have submitted my application after receiving the ITA. Most of my friends are preferring to complete the bio-metrics upfront just like the medical exam. They are taking the services offered by FIPS to get their biometrics done upfront. What I have read on the cic webiste is that one needs to give the biometrics once a letter of instructions is received, and this has to be at one of the VACs or ASCs.
I am planning to get my biometrics done before receiving the letter from CRA and submit the documents again through the update portal cic website has. Any suggestions regarding this?

Ramil Rahimov

Jul 23, 2018
Hi Guys,
I have a similar situation where its been almost 50 days I have submitted my application after receiving the ITA. Most of my friends are preferring to complete the bio-metrics upfront just like the medical exam. They are taking the services offered by FIPS to get their biometrics done upfront. What I have read on the cic webiste is that one needs to give the biometrics once a letter of instructions is received, and this has to be at one of the VACs or ASCs.
I am planning to get my biometrics done before receiving the letter from CRA and submit the documents again through the update portal cic website has. Any suggestions regarding this?
Hello. You'll need a biometrics request letter from CIC. Otherwise VAC will not accept your biometrics. There's no point t rush, just wait for the letter asking you for biometrics and get it done as soon as possible (I did mine the next day).