App. Filed.......
17-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
26-10-2015
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
I updated my profile.how long it does take to get new points?

svg_dxb

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
UAE (DUBAI)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
Hello All,

I had submitted my express entry profile, however that time my wife had not taken IELTS, therefore even in the COME to CANADA Tool, I couldnt not mentioned about her IELTS.

Now here's the issue:

1. If I try to update SPOUSE credentials i.e. in Application/Profile Details - Official language, it doesn't give the option to add IELTS Score for English, it only asks French option, even though selecting English as her only language profile. Trying to add snapshot below

2. Her IELTS score is 7.5 in Speaking, Reading is 6.5, Writing is 6, But 5.5 in Listening. Overall 6.5. Can you suggest that this is okay, or should she retake IELTS considering that 5.5 in Listening.

3. Also, needed suggestion, that if I get her ECA Report done, can it be updated?

Thanks in Advance.

Highly appreciate quick response.

Many thanks!

Regards/SV

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
svg_dxb said:
Hello All,

I had submitted my express entry profile, however that time my wife had not taken IELTS, therefore even in the COME to CANADA Tool, I couldnt not mentioned about her IELTS.

Now here's the issue:

1. If I try to update SPOUSE credentials i.e. in Application/Profile Details - Official language, it doesn't give the option to add IELTS Score for English, it only asks French option, even though selecting English as her only language profile. Trying to add snapshot below

Known technical glitch. Input the scores after choosing French.

2. Her IELTS score is 7.5 in Speaking, Reading is 6.5, Writing is 6, But 5.5 in Listening. Overall 6.5. Can you suggest that this is okay, or should she retake IELTS considering that 5.5 in Listening.

You will get 13 points for spouse IELTS. If she retakes and gets CLB 9 in all areas, that will give you 7 additional points - the maximum your spouse can add on this section is 20 points.

3. Also, needed suggestion, that if I get her ECA Report done, can it be updated?

Yes. The maximum you can get is 10 points if your spouse has a Masters/PhD.

Thanks in Advance.

Highly appreciate quick response.

Many thanks!

Regards/SV

svg_dxb

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
UAE (DUBAI)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
Many thanks Asivad Anac!! Really grateful to you to come out and reply on my query.

So what would you suggest that I should proceed with submission of my spouse score or should I get her to retake the IELTS? She is very good in it, just was having a bad day which led to such a result. I have a score of 381, and really need to go above 400 to get a Provincial Nomination.

Will this current result give me 13 points? Or if she scores the maximum, then? As I read online on CIC, the maximum is 12 as per my understanding.

PLease suggest!

Many thanks!

Regards/SV

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Hi,

I have recently updated my EE profile.
It's strange that I had 430 scores earlier and after adding my current employment, my scores went down to 405. It recalculated and gave me 25 points for foreign experience and language as opposed to 50 that I had earlier. I see no reason for that.
So finally I deleted the recent update and waiting if it reverts back to my last scores.

Anyone, any thoughts!!
I am really worried now.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
caprisj said:
Hi,

I have recently updated my EE profile.
It's strange that I had 430 scores earlier and after adding my current employment, my scores went down to 405. It recalculated and gave me 25 points for foreign experience and language as opposed to 50 that I had earlier. I see no reason for that.
So finally I deleted the recent update and waiting if it reverts back to my last scores.

Anyone, any thoughts!!
I am really worried now.
Strange. And nothing else has changed on your profile (birthday, marriage etc :D :D)

If it doesn't revert back after a while you might wanna check again to be sure you didnt mistakenly modify or delete something else

Evernabin

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. It is possible to change your Primary NOC and other elements of your EE profile before receiving an ITA. You can also withdraw/delete your EE profile and create a fresh profile before/after receiving an ITA.
hello Asivad,

I have received PT notification from Ontario but I think I have wrongly put my job title while creating my profile. Actually, I have put my functional title there while I will get reference letter mentioning my corporate title. Now, will it be a problem if I update my profile and input corporate title?? Please help.

nahid_sumit

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Can anyone please tell me if I can update my ECA results/ECA number later? Currently I have done my ECA for my graduation and I have the ECA result and number. But I have applied for my ECA result for my Masters and I still dont have the result in my hand.

Can I create and submit my profile with the existing graduation result and when I have the result for my Masters can I update the result and ECA number in my profile?

Will be grateful if you could kindly let me know.

Thanks & Regards
Nahid

zionite

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
Hello,

Please i have applied for a new passport due to my change of name, but it is not ready yet. Can i still submit my EE profile with my Old passport details and update it when i get my new passport?

What if i get an ITA? Can i still update my passport details?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow, so many questions... just to clarify

- you can update any information on EE profile after you submit it, any number of times...
- if your EE profile is rejected, better to start again rather than trying to rectify the mistake you made which led to you being rejected (personal opinion)
- i would refrain against putting dummy numbers in ECA or IELTS report... just to be on the safe side.
- if you want to put bachelers with ECA, then get masters ECA done... you can change this information also at a later stage.

why I'm against putting dummy information is that we are all humans and sometimes we forget where we put dummy or incorrect information... and EE profile isnt that easy to check coz for each and every step you need to keep clicking.... there is no single window where you can review and check all details at the same time.. if you get an ITA in future, and there is some information mismatch, you are in for BIG trouble... so better be safe and sorry (i'm not even mentioning the fact that putting dummy information might be construed as misinformation... )

Sington

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Hello all,

I have submitted my Express Entry profile and updated the new IELTS scores. How long does it take for the changes to reflect in my profile?

Please let me know your experiences.

deep5533

Dec 3, 2016
hi
I am trying to update my education history according to new rules,but it not showing updated points even i made new profile after withdrawing the old EE profile. Please help me out.

thanks

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
deep5533 said:
hi
I am trying to update my education history according to new rules,but it not showing updated points even i made new profile after withdrawing the old EE profile. Please help me out.

thanks
Wait for a few days.