+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating an application-new passport

Diana M

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Hello,

I applied as a family together with my minor son. I will have to renew his passport because soon it will expire. How can I send a copy of the new passport to IRCC? Any advice is welcome. Thank you

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello,

I applied as a family together with my minor son. I will have to renew his passport because soon it will expire. How can I send a copy of the new passport to IRCC? Any advice is welcome. Thank you
Even though my new passport is beyond 5-year eligibility period. IRCC asked me to send the photocopy via email (only bio page). In your case, you can send it through web form.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diana M

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Even though my new passport is beyond 5-year eligibility period. IRCC asked me to send the photocopies via email (only bio page). In your case, you can send it through web form.
Was there any overlapping between your passport validity and the eligibility period? If yes, then this is a totally different situation. The OP wants to send photocopies of a new passport whose validity period starts after the eligibility period. This is not necessary.

Reactions: Diana M

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Was there any overlapping between your passport validity and the eligibility period? If yes, then this is a totally different situation. The OP wants to send photocopies of a new passport whose validity period starts after the eligibility period. This is not necessary.
There's no overlapping in my case.

mdkboss

Jun 21, 2022
Even though my new passport is beyond 5-year eligibility period. IRCC asked me to send the photocopy via email (only bio page). In your case, you can send it through web form.
I am in the same situation, I have given old passport details for my son while submitting the application then I renewed my son's passport and sent only the new passport for stamping. Will there be any issues in this scenario? When did IRCC reached out to you to share his old passport? Please advise, any suggestion is much appreciated.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I am in the same situation, I have given old passport details for my son while submitting the application then I renewed my son's passport and sent only the new passport for stamping. Will there be any issues in this scenario? When did IRCC reached out to you to share his old passport? Please advise, any suggestion is much appreciated.
Are you talking about PR or citizenship?