+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updates on A11 from CIC

minhieu1806

Star Member
May 14, 2016
Guys, I found that CIC recently updated their A11 and added an Exception clause (see below). This will clear up the issue regarding receiving ITA 1 month before your 12 Month of work experience (system give you points early)

Read the exception (b) carefully let me know what u guys think

Visa or other document not to be issued

• 11.2 (1) An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make that application if — at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application — the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were issued the invitation.

• Exceptions
    (2) Despite subsection (1), an officer may issue the visa or other document if, at the time the officer received their application,
    • (a) the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) — or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) — because the applicant’s birthday occurred after the invitation was issued; or

• (b) the foreign national did not have the qualifications they had at the time the invitation was issued and on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), but
      • (i) they met the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e), and

• (ii) they occupied a rank that is not lower than the rank that a foreign national was required to have occupied to be invited to make an application.
  • 2014, c. 20, s. 300;
  • 2017, c. 20, s. 303.
Previous Version

Reactions: adham88

adham88

Aug 19, 2018
Guys, I found that CIC recently updated their A11 and added an Exception clause (see below). This will clear up the issue regarding receiving ITA 1 month before your 12 Month of work experience (system give you points early)

Read the exception (b) carefully let me know what u guys think

Visa or other document not to be issued

• 11.2 (1) An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make that application if — at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application — the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were issued the invitation.

• Exceptions
    (2) Despite subsection (1), an officer may issue the visa or other document if, at the time the officer received their application,
    • (a) the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) — or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) — because the applicant’s birthday occurred after the invitation was issued; or

• (b) the foreign national did not have the qualifications they had at the time the invitation was issued and on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), but
      • (i) they met the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e), and

• (ii) they occupied a rank that is not lower than the rank that a foreign national was required to have occupied to be invited to make an application.
  • 2014, c. 20, s. 300;
  • 2017, c. 20, s. 303.
Previous Version
I am not an expert but it looks like your A11 is pass. but if you provide answers to these questions in your post or in your signature that would be great.

When did you submit your e-APR?
What was the CRS score before you get your additional pointes?
What was the CRS score after you get your additional pointes?
What was the cut off score when you got your ITA?
What was the CRS score when you submitted your e-APR?

It would be much helpful if you include your application history timeline since you created your EE in your signature.