20-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
Done already
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Hello Guys,

I just wanted to make sure about the updated letter of reference for applying under CEC. I am applying for the experience which I got from Sep 1st, 2010 - August 31st, 2011. I got reference letter at that time coz i applied under Federal Skilled worker class. Now, for CEC , I need to have updated letter of reference or earlier letter dated 6th Sep, 2011 would work? I am currently unemployed and i did not work after Dec, 2011. I dont want that my application come back due to any reason so just wana get advice on this matter. Thanks.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BK11 said:
Hello Guys,

I just wanted to make sure about the updated letter of reference for applying under CEC. I am applying for the experience which I got from Sep 1st, 2010 - August 31st, 2011. I got reference letter at that time coz i applied under Federal Skilled worker class. Now, for CEC , I need to have updated letter of reference or earlier letter dated 6th Sep, 2011 would work? I am currently unemployed and i did not work after Dec, 2011. I dont want that my application come back due to any reason so just wana get advice on this matter. Thanks.
You need a recent one. You better call your employer and ask them for a new letter of reference.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
you should get a letter that covers your entire period of work. If you CAN'T get it, that's a different matter, but you should try.

cygnet

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
August 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Passport Req..
October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 2013
LANDED..........
November 2013
Hey BK11 fancy seeing you at this forum! :D
Well, can't blame you as we both have same FSW2 app on a loooooong waiiiitiiiiiing game!
Thinking of doing the same thing, to try CEC.

Hi everyone,
Just few conerns though about reference letter.
I know a friend that got refused his CEC app due to his employer refused to give him a letter stating his job title, total hours worked, and duties performed; but he included an explanation letter about it, all his pay stubs and documents required by CIC. What can he do? Can he appeal and re-apply since it was his employer has been an A** to him. He has all requirements except that letter that his employer refused to provide.

BK11

Aug 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
Done already
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Well Cygnet, i literally dont have any hope with FSW app coz i know they wont start processing them before this sep or oct. I ordered gcms notes twice and nothing has been started yet. CEC is faster than FSW, so I will try my luck here. Yesterday, I mailed CEC application and I hope to get thru by the end of this year :)

cygnet said:
Hey BK11 fancy seeing you at this forum! :D
Well, can't blame you as we both have same FSW2 app on a loooooong waiiiitiiiiiing game!
Thinking of doing the same thing, to try CEC.

Hi everyone,
I know a friend that got refused his CEC app due to his employer refused to give him a letter stating his job title, total hours worked, and duties performed; but he included an explanation letter about it, all his pay stubs and documents required by CIC. What can he do? Can he appeal and re-apply since it was his employer has been an A** to him. He has all requirements except that letter that his employer refused to provide.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cygnet said:
The paystubs can prove his salary but not his job duties. The letter is essential. But a lot of people think it has to come from HR. Or the owner or CEO. CIC does not demand this, only that it comes from a supervisor. Assuming that more than one person works at this company, can't your friend find a supervisor or colleague willing to put into writing what his job duties are? Even if they are afraid to put it on letter head, they can write it on plain paper, explain why, and attach a business card. I can't guarantee it will work, but without the letter, CIC has no real documentary evidence of what you do...(e.g. whether or not it is skilled employment).