+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update of Docs for new-born while application in progress - within 45 days?

r_sab

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
Hi,

I am a Pakistani resident in Uk, and had a baby daughter in February, and I asked CIC to let me know how to update the apalication to include her. They have asked for the following:

------------------------------
Processing fee of $150 CAD - in the form of a bank draft made payable to 'The Receiver General for Canada'.
2 passport photos
birth certificate
Copy of passport biopage
New Application for Permanent Residence IMM0008 form for the principal applicant, to list new daughter
New Schedule 1/Background Declaration form for yourself and each family member over the age of 18
New Additional Family Information form IMM5406 for yourself and each family member over the age of 18, to list new daughter
Proof of settlement funds with amount for new number of family members.

-------------------------------

They have also asked to submit everything within 45 days from this email. My question is, that I cannot provide the copy of passport of daughter, as it takes minimum of 2 months to get passport from our embassy after all processes. If I write my problem to the CIC, do they consider or he 45 days is very hard and fast? I dont have any other option.

Thanks,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

r_sab said:
Hi,

I am a Pakistani resident in Uk, and had a baby daughter in February, and I asked CIC to let me know how to update the apalication to include her. They have asked for the following:

------------------------------
Processing fee of $150 CAD - in the form of a bank draft made payable to 'The Receiver General for Canada'.
2 passport photos
birth certificate
Copy of passport biopage
New Application for Permanent Residence IMM0008 form for the principal applicant, to list new daughter
New Schedule 1/Background Declaration form for yourself and each family member over the age of 18
New Additional Family Information form IMM5406 for yourself and each family member over the age of 18, to list new daughter
Proof of settlement funds with amount for new number of family members.

-------------------------------

They have also asked to submit everything within 45 days from this email. My question is, that I cannot provide the copy of passport of daughter, as it takes minimum of 2 months to get passport from our embassy after all processes. If I write my problem to the CIC, do they consider or he 45 days is very hard and fast? I dont have any other option.

Thanks,
Where was the child born? If in the UK, it doesn't take 2 months for a passport more like 3 weeks. If it is Pakistan then tell the processing office it will take 2 months.

r_sab

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
Thanks PMM,

just for information for all concerned applicants:

The birth certificate took just one day,,,you may get an appointment for 2-3 days later,,depending on the council..
I got ID card for my newborn in 10 days (They stated max time as 30 days),
the passport takes 7-8 days (urgent one).