+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update from New York

lindany

Nov 28, 2012
that's great, congrads!

hope they finish processing my case soon.

Augustos said:
hi lindany

my consultant just called me and they received my pp with visa. i need to go to the u.s boarder to validate my wp.

lindany

Nov 28, 2012
they finally finish processing my case. just 2 days from 3 month.

cannot believe how slow they are. canadian consulate really need a better system.

lindany said:
that's great, congrads!

hope they finish processing my case soon.

flashwei

Dec 11, 2012
Hi lindany,

Congrats! Did they send you an email? I submitted mine on Nov 1. I don't know when can I get it...

lindany said:
they finally finish processing my case. just 2 days from 3 month.

cannot believe how slow they are. canadian consulate really need a better system.

lindany

Nov 28, 2012
thanks, yes they email me.

I still need to bring my passport to the new york office, they only open Mon & Wed & Fri each week now. why don't they just mail me the visa I can totally stamp it myself.

I believe they start working on my case at the end of Dec. once they start it, it won't take too long to finish.

Hope they start working on your case soon.

flashwei said:
Hi lindany,

Congrats! Did they send you an email? I submitted mine on Nov 1. I don't know when can I get it...

flashwei

Dec 11, 2012
Yes, I think we got the same email about additional background checks at the end of Dec. Hopefully I can get my visa soon :) Thanks!

lindany said:
thanks, yes they email me.

I still need to bring my passport to the new york office, they only open Mon & Wed & Fri each week now. why don't they just mail me the visa I can totally stamp it myself.

I believe they start working on my case at the end of Dec. once they start it, it won't take too long to finish.

Hope they start working on your case soon.

lindany

Nov 28, 2012
congrats !

they are low efficiency as usual, I drop my passport to them last Friday, and still waiting for it to come in with visa by mail. I don't have any expectation for the new york office, just hope they don't loose my passport.

flashwei said:
Finally got my visa today. It took 78 days...

lindany

Nov 28, 2012
so my lawyer just got my passport with visa. we have one day shipping envelope included, so I guess they mail it out yesterday. even trivial task like stamp the visa on and mail it out took them more than a week.

lindany said:
congrats !

they are low efficiency as usual, I drop my passport to them last Friday, and still waiting for it to come in with visa by mail. I don't have any expectation for the new york office, just hope they don't loose my passport.

pmpm

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013; 25-11-2013 medicals received
Passport Req..
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-07-2014
Hi All

How long is it taking to get WP for Canada from NY office? The website CIC says 2 months, Newyork website says 1 month...???
Thanks

Rusty21

Jan 23, 2013
Hi All,

I am new to this group I applied for WP/TRV on Dec 18 2012 , i sent a mail couple of days back to the NY embassy enquiring status, they replied today informing "file is in review" Does anyone know how long will it take to get it approved from here ? I am really anxious as my joining date is in two weeks :(

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Rusty21

Jan 23, 2013
I got my visa and work permit on 31st jan 2013, I applied on 18 dec 2012(6 weeks). USPS and CIC new york did a good job in my case,I hope every one applied will get the work/permit visa soon.