+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update for refugee inside Canada

MHAMAD982

Sep 19, 2015
[size=10pt]Guys, I appreciate your help as I am very confused. :'( :'( :'(

I am Syrian and I have submitted an application for refugee inside Canada, I have been accepted and I submitted application for PR on May 20, 2014. Till now I am waiting and I don't know how it will be.

My Questions
Any body knows how time line works?
Once PR granted, any body knows the date of status what it will be?

I ask God to make my letter be read by expert people.
[/size]

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only information I can find on this is at CIC:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp

MHAMAD982

Sep 19, 2015
Do you know about counting days toward citizenship? if bill 24 revoked, will that return the citizenship back to 1000 days? at least for about situation that we came before new law?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
MHAMAD982 said:
Do you know about counting days toward citizenship? if bill 24 revoked, will that return the citizenship back to 1000 days? at least for about situation that we came before new law?
First ..i dont think bill-24 will ever be revoked in total. Yes a lot of people are blindly against Bill-24 and most of the political parties had used it extensively in their election campaigns.BUT still the duration to live in canada to get citizenship is never focused by any political party. all who are against bill-24 talk mostly about the section which says about "allowing the government to revoke Canadian citizenship from dual citizens who are convicted of terrorism, high treason and several other serious offences". SO even if an amendment takes place it will be the above mention part which may be fixed. ( that is just my opinion...God knows better)

secondly..if it ever get revoked in All as it never exist then yes we will get half of the time spent in canada before PR counted towards our citizenship eligibility and many refugees (specially refugees who are living in canada for years awaiting PR ) will get benefit.