+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upcoming virtual hearing

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Hi everyone,
I just want to thank everyone for their word or encouragement and prays . I had my virtual hearing today at 1:30pm at the attorneys office and I can now say I’m a protected person whoaaaaa!!!! The member was so nice and calm she sticked to my boc and literally asked 5 questions under 1hour I was done with 10 mins break and about 10 mins of reading of the reason she approved me . The approval was on the table . Thanks for everyone and thanks so much to the forum .
Congratulations
I remember that feeling, the best memorable moment

Reactions: Newstart2022

chidibav

Apr 22, 2023
Hi everyone,
I just want to thank everyone for their word or encouragement and prays . I had my virtual hearing today at 1:30pm at the attorneys office and I can now say I’m a protected person whoaaaaa!!!! The member was so nice and calm she sticked to my boc and literally asked 5 questions under 1hour I was done with 10 mins break and about 10 mins of reading of the reason she approved me . The approval was on the table . Thanks for everyone and thanks so much to the forum .
Congrats.

Reactions: Newstart2022

OFC632

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Hi everyone,
congratulations, that's great. my hearing is coming in few weeks time and i am so nervous and stressed. can you please guide me what kind of questions i can expect from my hearing. i had a less complex which turn into a regular hearing now.

Newstart2022

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
congratulations, that's great. my hearing is coming in few weeks time and i am so nervous and stressed. can you please guide me what kind of questions i can expect from my hearing. i had a less complex which turn into a regular hearing now.
Trust me I was freaking out scared didn’t know what to expect , but for my experience I had initially a less complex claim that needed a short hearing . The member was pleasant and I must say just remember your story. Everything is based on your story remember names , and what was said. I had no tricky questions I had about 3-5 questions . My hearing lasted for 40 mins overall within 20 mins the member approved me on the table , after she read over the reason why she accepted my claim. Make sure your body is relaxed just shake it over before the hearing and be normal just as you would with your family or friends . No pressure , don’t go into details keep you answers nice and short /direct . Best of luck and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Newstart2022

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
Hi everyone ,
Can anyone give me advice on an upcoming virtual hearing I have my hearing on Friday . I’m not an outspoken speaker and I’m usually nervous and try to explain things detail I wanted to know if anyone has any example on how the member asked a question and your answer it doesn’t have to be exact . I went over my case and my representative said I was going in a different direction with my answers and not straight to the point . Anyone please help . Thanks all
Just an update for anyone going thru the process I received my Notice of decision today . I’m so excited and really didn’t expect to receive it so soon . Best wishes to all :)

Morale

Apr 6, 2023
Just an update for anyone going thru the process I received my Notice of decision today . I’m so excited and really didn’t expect to receive it so soon . Best wishes to all :)
Oh woww, Congratulations! Could you please share your timeline with us if you remember the dates. Where did you apply and how long did it take you to get a hearing?

Newstart2022

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
Oh woww, Congratulations! Could you please share your timeline with us if you remember the dates. Where did you apply and how long did it take you to get a hearing?
Thank you !! Here’s my timeline
I applied in Toronto InLand

AOC - February 25th 2022
Biometrics April 12th 2022
Eligibility interview- June 28th 2022
Letter confirming work permit - July 26th 2022
Work Permit in the mail - August 3rd 2022
Less Complex letter - July 29th 2022Refugee preparation - June 12th,2023
Refugee hearing Acceptance- June 16th, 2023
Refugee protected person status - June 29th

There’s hope :) and my timeline was rather short

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Thank you !! Here’s my timeline
I applied in Toronto InLand

AOC - February 25th 2022
Biometrics April 12th 2022
Eligibility interview- June 28th 2022
Letter confirming work permit - July 26th 2022
Work Permit in the mail - August 3rd 2022
Less Complex letter - July 29th 2022Refugee preparation - June 12th,2023
Refugee hearing Acceptance- June 16th, 2023
Refugee protected person status - June 29th

There’s hope :) and my timeline was rather short
Congrats. What is the refugee preparation?

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Congrats.. did you receive your soft copy of NOD after the hearing through your lawyer? If yes how many days you've been waiting until you get the soft copy ?
Thanks

Newstart2022

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
Congrats.. did you receive your soft copy of NOD after the hearing through your lawyer? If yes how many days you've been waiting until you get the soft copy ?
Thanks
Thank you ! I had my hearing June 16th 2023
And I received the original copy of my NOD 9 days later :)