+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unusual temporary situation - advice wanted

Sailing Life

Feb 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a guy with a very particular upcoming situation. As I've browsed trough the forum prior to joining, I've not found anything that's helped me. I'm hoping to find some very resourceful people who will guide me.

I guess there's no harm in giving a head\'s up here until I find the appropriate subject to post in.

My current g/f is in the US. Though born abroad, I arrived in Canada and am a Canadian citizen and resident. I also have dual citizenship with France.

My g/f and I want to be together in Canada. Where my situation differs is that within 10 to 14 months (give or take) we want to set sail and travel the world, while living on our boat. In all honesty we don't have the desire (at this time) to ever settle back down on land in Canada or in the US.

The initial concern, is how to have her and I stay together legally in Canada until our casting off day?

Could she come in as a student to learn French? (residency in Montreal)

For reference, here's a list of our future goals and concerns:

We do plan on getting married. We would want it to be on one of our countless eventual destination (some tropical paradise beach).

We do plan on having children (God only knows where they will be born).

She does want our children to gain their American citizenship.

I don't have concerns (at this time) about our children's Canadian citizenship, but would still like to know about it (for their own futures or in the event we ever would settle back in Canada).

As afore mentioned, I will post this in the forum. I am open to all input.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You mention that your g/f is "in the US". Is she an American citizen? Or is the the citizen of another country who is temporarily in the US? If it's the latter, what country is she a citizen of?