+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unusual delay by CIC in deciding on application for cancellation of conditions

rmehta

Nov 26, 2007
Wonder whether anyone can guide me on this.
I met all the conditions applicable to an "Entrepreneur" immigrant and applied for cancellation of conditions on MAR 2005.
After sending many reminders, they finally called me for an interview in FEB 2007.
It is now 2YEARS and 8 MONTHS and I have still not heard from them.
Is this delay usual??
I want to complain but do not know whome to complain to.

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
Re: Unusual delay by CIC in deciding on application for cancellation of conditio

Hi,

I pretty much understand how you feel. I submitted mine in January 2005, only got a receipt from CIC around march that same year and thats it.. Its almost 3 years. Good for you, you were interviewd already.

life8459

Mar 14, 2009
hey rmehta and kelmolab,

I am in the same position as you, but will be applying for my removal of conditions sometime in April of 2009.
I was just wondering why it took so long for both of you ? Did you end up getting the conditions removed eventually ? Was there something different that you could do to reduce the waiting time ?

I know this is a long shot, but if you see this could you contact me and perhaps we could exchange notes / strategies ?

My email address is life8459@hotmail.com

Thanks

canada8

Apr 29, 2011
Can you guys please post follow ups. My folks are under the Entrepreneur Category. I was thinking they remove the conditions shortly after submitting the form. If it takes a long time then we're in for a surprise.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
This type of delay is unacceptable. I encourage you to contact the member of parliament in your area to seek assistance with having this resolved. If you have met all criteria required and have your documentation then it should have been a simple matter to lift the conditions.

Find out who the MP is for your area as soon as possible and enlist their help.

Good luck.