+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unusual case. Is it doomed?

aidandoherty

Dec 29, 2009
Can anyone answer me this? Or give me a liklihood of failure/success? I applied for fsw and got accepted nova scotia under arranged employment. I had been living and working legally in Canada for a year and a half. The time between CIO refferal ans submission I lost my job due to downturn. Essentially my arranged employment is gone cos the company is gone? My application is only at 'received at visa office' stage. When they review it will it automatically be rejected. I supplied all documention. Any thoughts? I believe they'll reject it unless someone knows of a similar bad timing situation

cono_sur

Star Member
Feb 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds like it will be rejected. You may want to talk to an immigration consultant.

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
aidandoherty said:
Can anyone answer me this? Or give me a liklihood of failure/success? I applied for fsw and got accepted nova scotia under arranged employment. I had been living and working legally in Canada for a year and a half. The time between CIO refferal ans submission I lost my job due to downturn. Essentially my arranged employment is gone cos the company is gone? My application is only at 'received at visa office' stage. When they review it will it automatically be rejected. I supplied all documention. Any thoughts? I believe they'll reject it unless someone knows of a similar bad timing situation
Are you still currently in Canada and with legal status?
The one and half year worth of work experience you've had in Canada, does it qualify under NOC 0,A,B?
Will you have 67 points after losing the 15 points (10pts for AEO, 5pts for adaptability) from AEO?

If you answer yes to all the above questions, then you do have much to worry about. Otherwise your case will likely be denied.