+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unsure of what route to take..

celticcross

Jan 18, 2022
Hi everyone, I’m a Citizen of USA/UK/Ireland (I swear I’m not trying to collect them all), I’m currently employed and working remotely for a US company, I’m interested in moving to Canada but keep my job, however the company only had entities in the US/UK and Germany, they do have single workers in other countries however they are considered self employed for tax purposes (although they are paid by the company), I can’t see any realistic way of being in this same position in Canada as the self employed route is only for Athletes/Artists if I’m understanding correctly….another option would be setting up an actual entity in Canada and then being employed by that entity? Can anyone offer any tips/advice, I’d greatly appreciate it.

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m a Citizen of USA/UK/Ireland (I swear I’m not trying to collect them all), I’m currently employed and working remotely for a US company, I’m interested in moving to Canada but keep my job, however the company only had entities in the US/UK and Germany, they do have single workers in other countries however they are considered self employed for tax purposes (although they are paid by the company), I can’t see any realistic way of being in this same position in Canada as the self employed route is only for Athletes/Artists if I’m understanding correctly….another option would be setting up an actual entity in Canada and then being employed by that entity? Can anyone offer any tips/advice, I’d greatly appreciate it.
In my opinion you should just apply through Express Entry. When you get the PR, I believe you should be able to be self-employed.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can apply for PR under the Express Entry / Federal Skilled Worker program: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

celticcross

Jan 18, 2022
I had no idea you could go through PR without a Canadian job offer, It seems very straightforward compared to the US system, thanks for the help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I had no idea you could go through PR without a Canadian job offer, It seems very straightforward compared to the US system, thanks for the help!
No job offer needed. A job offer certainly helps but is not mandatory. What is critical with Express Entry is how many points you have.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I stopped reading after the first line. Bruh, please stay wherever you are. Canada is not worth the hassle. Some of us have no other go so we are trying to immigrate to CA. On the other hand, you have 3 citizenship, and really don't understand why you wanna move to mess of a country like Canada.