+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unsure if makes Canada or Australia my home (got Dual PR)

sidhuinoslo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi All

Needs Suggestion

I have posses both Residences (Australia and Canada). Currently living in Australia for 2 years and working in MNC as permanent job earning about 60K annually. As a safe side I also applied for Canadian PR in few years ago due to different circumstances during back those days and recently been awarded Canadian PR and now am bit if this is good move to go ahead to Canada. I am Network Engineer with Post Graduation IT degree from Australia. I have experience of about 5 Years as Network Engineer. I have my close relatives in Toronto and have no issues living there to start with.
How long will take to bring myself on Track as par I am in Australia....the similar JOB currently have?
Will Canadian Climate make me repent on my decision?
What I am going to loose and win that way?
Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Weather wise Australia is better. Canadian qualification and experience required to get better job. It may take few years to settle down in Canada. IT jobs are less in Canada?

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
You have already spent two years in Australia; why not stay for a year or two more and apply for Australian citizenship. Why waste this opportunity.
Meanwhile you can complete your initial landing in Canada and keep the option open for at least another 3 years.

sidhuinoslo said:
Hi All

Needs Suggestion

I have posses both Residences (Australia and Canada). Currently living in Australia for 2 years and working in MNC as permanent job earning about 60K annually. As a safe side I also applied for Canadian PR in few years ago due to different circumstances during back those days and recently been awarded Canadian PR and now am bit if this is good move to go ahead to Canada. I am Network Engineer with Post Graduation IT degree from Australia. I have experience of about 5 Years as Network Engineer. I have my close relatives in Toronto and have no issues living there to start with.
How long will take to bring myself on Track as par I am in Australia....the similar JOB currently have?
Will Canadian Climate make me repent on my decision?
What I am going to loose and win that way?
Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
May2010applicant said:
You have already spent two years in Australia; why not stay for a year or two more and apply for Australian citizenship. Why waste this opportunity.
Meanwhile you can complete your initial landing in Canada and keep the option open for at least another 3 years.
Also check out the comparative analysis between Australia and Canada drawn by a forum member called Rossei here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/starting-life-in-canada-t181515.0.html;msg2885019#msg2885019

sidhuinoslo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Thanks for suggestions
I missed to mention that I have recently got Australian Citizenship though.
I would also like to share the passport value of different countries rated in 2014
https://www.henleyglobal.com/international-visa-restrictions/
Is Toronto weather wise Harsh or manageable?

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
sidhuinoslo said:
Thanks for suggestions
I missed to mention that I have recently got Australian Citizenship though.
I would also like to share the passport value of different countries rated in 2014
https://www.henleyglobal.com/international-visa-restrictions/
Is Toronto weather wise Harsh or manageable?
if you like cold weather with lots of snow then Canada is a good option. otherwise if you are not so fond of cold then Australia is better for you.
have you ever got a chance to live in a cold place like Canada? where the temperature drops to -20 or more? if yes then go for it. I have spent a year in the same weather and loved it that is why i have decided to go there.
good luck

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
if you already have an Australian passport, then it makes sense to relocate to Canada.

Canada is America adjacent. The opportunities will be far greater in Canada by virtue of its proximity to America.

Australia is just in its own corner by itself. Not much to make out of a career if you consider the size of its domestic economy and economic mix. 20M people just wouldn't cut it even if your have a great product. A$60k per annum is actually not a lot of money in Australia. That is about the starting pay of an Accenture consulting analyst based out of Melbourne.

But C$60k per annum in Canada can certainly get you more things than it would in Australia. Drawing some some anecdotes, I find C$60 for a pair of American Eagle jeans expensive but Australians found it cheap as they would normally have to pay A$100 and above for a pair of jeans in Sydney or Melbourne. You can still get a decent meal for C$7 or less in some diners in Montreal but you would need at least A$10 for a meal in Melbourne

sidhuinoslo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Thanks for reply
I dont mind -20 actually...and believe one should get used to. But about Vancouver in terms if jobs and weather. Is it worth thinking it or should only focus on Toronto
How many minths one should live in canada to be eligible for passport

sidhuinoslo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Thanks for your reply and suggestions

So overall seems not a bad idea.

If one got Industrial certifications which we all know is not country specific e.g. Microsoft, Apple, Cisco Sun Java, Oracle etc etc as opposed to Graduation from another country, will this assist in getting better job hunting

I mean as we all know the above certifications are not country dependent, Will Canada considers these candidates same as local candidates in job competitions

any suggestions please