+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unsafe neighborhoods in Vancouver

Keithcjk

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
I heard that surrey area is not so safe especially gateway skytrain station which has a lot of weirdos.
Any feedback on the area around king George blvd and howey road area?

Any other areas I should avoid.

Thanks

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Keithcjk said:
What about the place I mention - surrey and gateway skytrain?
I've used the skytrain between Vancouver centre and White Rock at all hours. Don't know the "gateway" depot specifically.
Never had a problem. but then I'm a mean bloke and probably look forbidding.

They say "don't make eye contact" with a dubious looking sort. I say the opposite: make eye contact, let him know you are aware of his movements and ready in case he tries anything. Never had anyone try anything.

However, there are areas in the east side of Vancouver where the drug addicts reportedly gather at night. Might not be wise to tempt fate there late at night.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toby said:
I've used the skytrain between Vancouver centre and White Rock at all hours. Don't know the "gateway" depot specifically.
Toby,

There are no skytrains between Vancouver and White Rock. Gateway is a skytrain station in Surrey. I have never been to Gateway, but the mall near Surrey Centre. Looks peaceful but heard safety is a concern.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
steaky said:
Toby,

There are no skytrains between Vancouver and White Rock. Gateway is a skytrain station in Surrey. I have never been to Gateway, but the mall near Surrey Centre. Looks peaceful but heard safety is a concern.
From the airport, the skytrain takes me one or two stops toward WhiteRock, as I recall, Steaky , but no -- not all the way. I must take a bus the final leg.