+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unpaid medical bill of deceased Canada visitor

Darianchik

Feb 11, 2019
Hi! My father was visiting Canada for 4 months.
One day he went to the dentist and extracted a tooth. Week after he got a neck swelling and we went to the emergency because he couldn't breathe freely. It was a neck abscess and he got a surgery. They put him in ICU. All the time he was medically induced coma. His neck was healing but his body temperature was up to 41 degrees and doctors couldn't find why. After 5 days they recognize a blood clots in his lungs and he died on the next day. My father was there for 6 days and than he passed because of heart attack. He was 53 years old strong healthy man. He was uninsured. I was planning to sponsor him.
The hospital has sent a bill (35K +) to his adress in our native country. My mam lives there. She can't afford to pay this bill because she doesn't work. My dad didn't have any insurance, any pension and other assets that could cover this huge bill.
I don't know what to do... any suggestions?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
One day he went to the dentist and extracted a tooth. Week after he got a neck swelling and we went to the emergency because he couldn't breathe freely. It was a neck abscess and he got a surgery. They put him in ICU. All the time he was medically induced coma. His neck was healing but his body temperature was up to 41 degrees and doctors couldn't find why. After 5 days they recognize a blood clots in his lungs and he died on the next day. My father was there for 6 days and than he passed because of heart attack. He was 53 years old strong healthy man. He was uninsured. I was planning to sponsor him.
The hospital has sent a bill (35K +) to his adress in our native country. My mam lives there. She can't afford to pay this bill because she doesn't work. My dad didn't have any insurance, any pension and other assets that could cover this huge bill.
Call the hospital and set up a payment plan. They can and will take collection action against your mom.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My condolences.

You will need to take over the payment of the bill if your mother cannot afford it. Agreed with the recommendation to call the hospital and arrange a payment plan.

ranirani

Feb 22, 2014