Unpaid Long leaves leaves

rickiricki

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Express Entry Profile - Unpaid long leaves

I worked for a company from Aug 2005 to May 2008,
then I took leaves for full time MBA June 2008 to Jan 2010
Joined the same company after MBA and worked Feb 2010 to Oct 2010

This company has given me an exp letter stating i worked for them from Aug 2005 to Oct 2010. Letter does not speak about my 2 years break for MBA. Now my full time MBA period overlaps with my work exp 2005 to 2010. Plz advice how do i present it in my express entry profile.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Create two entries in the work history - one from Aug 2005 to May 2008 and the other from Feb 2010 to Oct 2010.

You can upload the same reference letter and explain the situation in a LOE.

Reactions: rickiricki

rickiricki

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Create two entries in the work history - one from Aug 2005 to May 2008 and the other from Feb 2010 to Oct 2010.

Wow! :) happy to see response so quick. One more question

Q1. What date do we put as degree end date?

MBA my last exam was on 01 Feb 2010 (Date no where in records)
Result came on 24 April 2010 (Date mentioned in mark sheet)
MBA Degree states date 30 April 2010

But I started my job after exams and before results i.e. from 01 Mar 2010.
Again some over lapping issue - my job starts before my degree end date. Is it fine?

rickiricki

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Assuming you studied outside of Canada you can safely choose 30 April.
Thank you so much Del Piero. Your answers appear logically correct. But because I am about go ahead with your advice. Plz forgive me for asking - but how do u know it for sure?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because work experience during full time studies outside of Canada can be counted as valid work experience.

This overlap is pretty much irrelevant.

Reactions: rickiricki

rickiricki

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017

1. Two entries - One before MBA and other After MBA. Just one problem. My designation before MBA was systems engineer and after MBA it was System Analyst. Letter has latest designation i.e. System Analyst

2. Secondly, I don't exactly recall the exact dates when I went for leaves May or Jun 2008. Will this information be verified?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - It doesn't matter if the job titles are different as long as the NOC remained the same. If the NOC is different then you'd need a reference letter which states the duties and responsibilities for the two positions.

2 - They can always contact your employer to verify this information if needed.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @DelPiero07, I had a similar question and I would appreciate it if you give your opinion.

I was employed for 4 years and I have a letter from the employer to state that. The letter has two issues:
1. It says full-time employment but doesn't have number of hours per week.
2. During these 4 years, I was on a paid leave for 2 years which is not mentioned in the letter.
I will be honest in my profile and only claim 1 year for sure. The problem is that the employer refuses to provide me with an updated letter.
My question is: would these be an issue specially because the letter does not mention about the leave and number of working hours?
1 - No issue if that's Canadian employment, otherwise provide other documents to prove the hours worked per week.

2 - You don't need an updated letter, just make sure you claim the right number of years worked - provide a LOE to explain your leave period.

gorukh

May 30, 2017
Hi @DelPiero07 ,
My work scenario is of 6 month on and 6 month off (non-canadian) in year,However i am paid for whole year
can i count it as 1 year?
on my company letter ,it is continuous work experience

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @DelPiero07 ,
My work scenario is of 6 month on and 6 month off (non-canadian) in year,However i am paid for whole year
can i count it as 1 year?
on my company letter ,it is continuous work experience
I don't know the specifics of your situation but if the circumstances of your employment prevent you from obtaining a year of continuous work experience for eligibility purposes then you may ask IRCC to consider your work experience as continuous even if there are gaps.

That being said, I cannot guarantee this will work.

gorukh

May 30, 2017
I don't know the specifics of your situation but if the circumstances of your employment prevent you from obtaining a year of continuous work experience for eligibility purposes then you may ask IRCC to consider your work experience as continuous even if there are gaps.

That being said, I cannot guarantee this will work.
wow ,thanks for prompt reply.

i can't work more than 6 month in a year. If i want to contact IRCC regarding this matter,should i contact it before applying or after ITA?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow ,thanks for prompt reply.

i can't work more than 6 month in a year. If i want to contact IRCC regarding this matter,should i contact it before applying or after ITA?
You can try calling them although a lot of those call representatives are quite useless. IMO you should try talking to an immigration lawyer.