+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unpaid Loan UAE - No Police Clearance Certificate

snakeeater

Nov 21, 2021
Hi Folks,

I hope that you are ok.

I was wondering if you can help me with my case :

My wife was living in the UAE for 3 years. She took a loan from the bank and was paying it regularly for more than a year. After that she was obliged to leave the country without settling her debt.
The issue is that I'd like to apply for a PR (as we were received the CSQ).
As I have to supply a police clearance certificate of all family members, I applied for my wife's PCC but I cannot have It as the bank filed a civil case against her (not a criminal case)

My questions are :
1- Is it going to impact my PR ?
2- Is if sufficient if I write a LOE where I explain the situation and also to confirm that I will settle her debt after moving to Canada because I have an appartment in my country that I will sell If I get PR.?

Thank you for you help in advance

ashokleyland

Nov 17, 2018
Abu Dhabi
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17-09-2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
21-02-2014
IELTS Request
25-02-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-02-2018 (ABU DHABI)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2018 (VFS GLOBAL MAKATI OFFICE)
LANDED..........
09-12-2018 (TORONTO)
i came also from abu dhabi, i have friends who migrated to canada with outstanding loan in Abu Dhabi.
The only time Canada will ask for police clearance is during Citizenship application, you need to provide police clearance on country you lived more than 6mos for the last 5 years. I dont condone running away from debt, but there is loophole that you can use.
Apply for citizenship after 5 years had lapsed from the day you left abu dhabi, example you left 2021, apply citizenship on 2027, just renew pr card during those 5 years.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
i came also from abu dhabi, i have friends who migrated to canada with outstanding loan in Abu Dhabi.
The only time Canada will ask for police clearance is during Citizenship application, you need to provide police clearance on country you lived more than 6mos for the last 5 years. I dont condone running away from debt, but there is loophole that you can use.
Apply for citizenship after 5 years had lapsed from the day you left abu dhabi, example you left 2021, apply citizenship on 2027, just renew pr card during those 5 years.
Wrong advice - PCC is a requirement at the time of Permanent Residency application/process in Canada.

ashokleyland

Nov 17, 2018
Abu Dhabi
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17-09-2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
21-02-2014
IELTS Request
25-02-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-02-2018 (ABU DHABI)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2018 (VFS GLOBAL MAKATI OFFICE)
LANDED..........
09-12-2018 (TORONTO)
Wrong advice - PCC is a requirement at the time of Permanent Residency application/process in Canada.
my bad,
I misunderstood the story above, she already left the country with outstanding debt, meaning he has police case, therefore no police clearance cert.

But if you applied during the initial step of Permanent residency wherein you are paying faithfully mortgage and able to secure PCC your fine.

Kirk01

Mar 21, 2022
Hi Folks,

I hope that you are ok.

I was wondering if you can help me with my case :

My wife was living in the UAE for 3 years. She took a loan from the bank and was paying it regularly for more than a year. After that she was obliged to leave the country without settling her debt.
The issue is that I'd like to apply for a PR (as we were received the CSQ).
As I have to supply a police clearance certificate of all family members, I applied for my wife's PCC but I cannot have It as the bank filed a civil case against her (not a criminal case)

My questions are :
1- Is it going to impact my PR ?
2- Is if sufficient if I write a LOE where I explain the situation and also to confirm that I will settle her debt after moving to Canada because I have an appartment in my country that I will sell If I get PR.?

Thank you for you help in advance
hi,any update about your wife PCC from Uae? Did you get it?

hashi111

Apr 12, 2024
its need for 5 year or last 10 year?