+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unofficial drop _ part time student

Kavir CHeema

Apr 30, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have a query and i'm looking for satisfactory answer. I'm in algonquin college, ottawa and i enrolled in Office Administration Executive diploma program and i already done my 4th sem but due to some reason i got F in some courses from 3rd and 4th sem and now my courses are scheduled to september and january and for now i have a 4 months break then after i got 1 course in september and 3 courses in january intake . So guys my questions are
1) could i work in this break?
2) does part time study effect on taking PGWP?

If anybody knows anything please let me know.
Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,
I have a query and i'm looking for satisfactory answer. I'm in algonquin college, ottawa and i enrolled in Office Administration Executive diploma program and i already done my 4th sem but due to some reason i got F in some courses from 3rd and 4th sem and now my courses are scheduled to september and january and for now i have a 4 months break then after i got 1 course in september and 3 courses in january intake . So guys my questions are
1) could i work in this break?
2) does part time study effect on taking PGWP?

If anybody knows anything please let me know.
Thank you
1. No, you are no longer allowed to work at all.

2. Yes, it will affect your PGWP. You can expect a refusal.

Kavir CHeema

Apr 30, 2019
1. No, you are no longer allowed to work at all.

2. Yes, it will affect your PGWP. You can expect a refusal.
Thank you sir,
I have question coz i didn't want to change my course to be full time so is there any solution left for me or any suggestions . From some sources i acknowledge that if we are on unofficial drop we need a letter from college which will attach when we apply for PGWP. ( is that true).

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you sir,
I have question coz i didn't want to change my course to be full time so is there any solution left for me or any suggestions . From some sources i acknowledge that if we are on unofficial drop we need a letter from college which will attach when we apply for PGWP. ( is that true).

Thank you
A solution would be to take another full-time program and apply for a PGWP based on that. You are not going to get one for this program.

Dec 24, 2019
Hello! I dismissed from the college in first semester in business program. How can i take four months unoffical drop and then readmission in september for another program

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello! I dismissed from the college in first semester in business program. How can i take four months unoffical drop and then readmission in september for another program
If you are dismissed there is no drop to take your are not in school, try getting admission somewhere in preferably May or Septemberand update your dli in myCIC if it's a new college. You will be starting from zero as far as pgwp is concerned.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. So if he changes from let's say computer science to biology, he's now full time in biology right?
How does your transcript read? Does it include your courses and show part time studies even though you chanced programs? Did you get any credit for courses in computer science?

Notableme

Sep 4, 2021
How does your transcript read? Does it include your courses and show part time studies even though you chanced programs? Did you get any credit for courses in computer science?
So first year is almost the same for all sciences. We all have to take the same courses, bio, chem, math, etc. I want to transfer from biochem to chemistry or Biology. So, the courses taken in my first year of biochem can be used to fulfill course requirements for chem or bio because they all take similar courses in first year. My transcript doesn't show anything like part time or full time(my admission letter States full time though) and my student profile shows Regular student. But if I print the verification of enrollment for spring term it shows part time. I was full time before that and I'm full time after that and in the upcoming terms.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So first year is almost the same for all sciences. We all have to take the same courses, bio, chem, math, etc. I want to transfer from biochem to chemistry or Biology. So, the courses taken in my first year of biochem can be used to fulfill course requirements for chem or bio because they all take similar courses in first year. My transcript doesn't show anything like part time or full time(my admission letter States full time though) and my student profile shows Regular student. But if I print the verification of enrollment for spring term it shows part time. I was full time before that and I'm full time after that and in the upcoming terms.
So you have a part time semester. It may or may not be an issue when you apply for PGWP.

Notableme

Sep 4, 2021
So you have a part time semester. It may or may not be an issue when you apply for PGWP.
Yes I know it might be an issue, that is why I want to change my program. Because on the website it says full time based on the program you completed.

Notableme

Sep 4, 2021
You really aren’t changing programs. You are still in the science faculty.
Ohh so if I change to another faculty, then I can start afresh right?
Edit cuz of a confusing statement. So you mean to tell me that changing from biology to chemistry is not considered changing programs because they're in the same faculty? That doesn't sound right

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ohh so if I change to another faculty, then I can start afresh right?
Maybe. If you carry over no credits, and start a new program it is possible. Depends on how your transcript and graduation letter will read. Ask your international advisor at the school. You want new LOA because you are changing your study permit.

Notableme

Sep 4, 2021
Maybe. If you carry over no credits, and start a new program it is possible. Depends on how your transcript and graduation letter will read. Ask your international advisor at the school. You want new LOA because you are changing your study permit.
Hi can you check my latest update?