+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University which accept English Medium of Instruction Certificate

Nkumar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Hey! I want to ask something from you.I hope you will help me. I want to apply in university of alberta for my masters, and my institute( from where i have done my B.E) is listed on English language proficiency exemption list in the website of university of alberta. so i want to ask that still I have to give IELTS test??

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Nkumar said:
Hey! I want to ask something from you.I hope you will help me. I want to apply in university of alberta for my masters, and my institute( from where i have done my B.E) is listed on English language proficiency exemption list in the website of university of alberta. so i want to ask that still I have to give IELTS test??
not at all, if its officially listed then i dont think there is any need for that

Nkumar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
sharjeel91 said:
not at all, if its officially listed then i dont think there is any need for that

thank alot bro.. and one thing IELTS is necessary for visa ?? sun consultant told me that visa office dont ask for ielts, ielts is a university requirement not via requirement.. kindly tell me that ielts is visa requirement or not??

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Nkumar said:
thank alot bro.. and one thing IELTS is necessary for visa ?? sun consultant told me that visa office dont ask for ielts, ielts is a university requirement not via requirement.. kindly tell me that ielts is visa requirement or not??
nope u dont need IELTS if u get unconditional LOA then there wont be a problem, but sometimes CHC do ask for IELTS in that case u will require to provide one, visa office is usually ok with 6 bands so no need for IELTS now,,

MFAhad

Dec 16, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
29-01-2014
Passport Req..
Submitted With Application
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2014
sharjeel91 said:
nope u dont need IELTS if u get unconditional LOA then there wont be a problem, but sometimes CHC do ask for IELTS in that case u will require to provide one, visa office is usually ok with 6 bands so no need for IELTS now,,
There is a confusion here. I think IELTS is still recommended for VISA because in VAC application checklist (which you will receive at the VAC office) has written on it that IELTS is strongly recommended.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
MFAhad said:
There is a confusion here. I think IELTS is still recommended for VISA because in VAC application checklist (which you will receive at the VAC office) has written on it that IELTS is strongly recommended.
but I think he is from India, and usually there are always different rules for India,,,,

MFAhad

Dec 16, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
29-01-2014
Passport Req..
Submitted With Application
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2014
sharjeel91 said:
but I think he is from India, and usually there are always different rules for India,,,,
Well I thought he was Pakistani because he mentioned Sun Consultant :) Anyway I have no idea about the requirement for Indian Students.

fahadshah284

Aug 29, 2014
Riyadh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018 SINP OID
Doc's Request.
28-08-2018 POF, intend to settle, Dependent Birth Docs Translation, Resident IDs
Nomination.....
10-10-2018
MFAhad said:
I applied in Concordia Uni without any IELTS and got admission :)
Dear bro,
My name is fahad also. Also I m from ssuet. Plz tell me which universities are accepting admissions w.o ielts?

aminvishvam

Feb 16, 2019
hey,

what if I got admission confirmed through the MOI(medium of instruction) in memorial university Newfoundland, so is that compulsory to show IELTS result in visa file, and what are the minimum requirements for the IELTS score in visa file for particular Newfoundland university.

BTW my score of 6 overall and 5.5 in reading.

rahuln

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
what if I got admission confirmed through the MOI(medium of instruction) in memorial university Newfoundland, so is that compulsory to show IELTS result in visa file, and what are the minimum requirements for the IELTS score in visa file for particular Newfoundland university.
Your IELTS score will help in getting your the visa. Your VO needs to be convinced of your capacity to stay and study in Canada. And I guess your writing scores a bit less. What program did you get an admit in?

aminvishvam

Feb 16, 2019
Your IELTS score will help in getting your the visa. Your VO needs to be convinced of your capacity to stay and study in Canada. And I guess your writing scores a bit less. What program did you get an admit in?
I get admitted to master in computer science in the memorial university Newfoundland. My IELTS score is 6 overall and 5.5 in reading what are chances of visa rejection at this IELTS score and in that place(Newfoundland) ???

rahuln

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
My IELTS score is 6 overall and 5.5 in reading what are chances of visa rejection at this IELTS score and in that place(Newfoundland) ???
Don't really know that. MUN will not be a problem, it's a good Uni. If possible try giving your IELTS again