+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

university transcripts

riju16

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
Hello everyone. My doubt is regarding transcripts. I am an engineer graduate and i have all my xerox copies of marksheets per semester along with my graduation certificate and so on. So basically do i just get all those xerox copies stamped and attested by my university along with my academic record requests form mentioned in WES website and seal of them in a single envelope and send it. Is that enough?

Thanks

Abul Aziz

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Hello everyone. My doubt is regarding transcripts. I am an engineer graduate and i have all my xerox copies of marksheets per semester along with my graduation certificate and so on. So basically do i just get all those xerox copies stamped and attested by my university along with my academic record requests form mentioned in WES website and seal of them in a single envelope and send it. Is that enough?

Thanks
Yes, it should be enough.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
No

Thanks
No. You need the university to create the transcripts for you and give you a sealed envelope with the transcripts. The sealed envelope had to have the university registrar stamp or signatures on it. You must not open this envelope.

Please check with your university to obtain transcripts in the correct format.

riju16

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
No

No. You need the university to create the transcripts for you and give you a sealed envelope with the transcripts. The sealed envelope had to have the university registrar stamp or signatures on it. You must not open this envelope.

Please check with your university to obtain transcripts in the correct format.
ok but i read in some posts that the process i had just mentioned in my messege is also a valid process, can please anyone confirm a hundred percent about the right process. Thanks

Abul Aziz

Star Member
May 19, 2015
ok but i read in some posts that the process i had just mentioned in my messege is also a valid process, can please anyone confirm a hundred percent about the right process. Thanks
No where it is mentioned in the WES website that the transcripts must be created by university. Especially for education in India, transcripts are not required to created again. Please see below information from WES website;

Annual Statement of Marks/Official Transcript
This is an official document issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university, constituent or autonomous college). It lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned for each year of study.

I have seen many cases, where WES accepted attested photocopies of mark sheets. Hope this helps

riju16

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
No where it is mentioned in the WES website that the transcripts must be created by university. Especially for education in India, transcripts are not required to created again. Please see below information from WES website;

This is an official document issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university, constituent or autonomous college). It lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned for each year of study.

I have seen many cases, where WES accepted attested photocopies of mark sheets. Hope this helps
ok right so just in case if there are any issues in this process would i be informed in the mail,by WES that xyz probleOm has occured or you need to include abc and so on? Otherwise how i would know where iam going wrong? So they generally keep in touch in mail?

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018

Ok. I’m merely stating on the basis of what I was required to provide once I had created my application and which worked. I didn’t see an option of accepting mark sheets as mentioned above or I wouldn’t have bothered to get transcripts. The only option I saw was to send Transcripts in a sealed and stamped official University envelope.

I just re-read the whole page and the complete text clearly says that unless the Degree is from an Autonomous institution, WES does not accept Attested mark sheet copies.

Last edited:

riju16

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
Ok. I’m merely stating on the basis of what I was required to provide once I had created my application and which worked. I didn’t see an option of accepting mark sheets as mentioned above or I wouldn’t have bothered to get transcripts. The only option I saw was to send Transcripts in a sealed and stamped official University envelope.

I just re-read the whole page and the complete text clearly says that unless the Degree is from an Autonomous institution, WES does not accept Attested mark sheet copies.
my college is NIT durgapur so it is autonomous (deemed university). Hence the confusion from my part.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
my college is NIT durgapur so it is autonomous (deemed university). Hence the confusion from my part.
You can check through the autonomous college list for India at the WES site. If your college is on that list then you can send the attested marks sheets.

sm135790

Aug 28, 2021

Thanks
No, Every university has there own format of issuing transcripts.
Mail Transcripts has helped me in getting my transcripts from various universities. For me, it was the toughest task but MAIL TRANSCRIPTS made it possible with their consistent efforts. Special thanks to Support team of Mail Transcripts who supported us throughout and guided us appropriately.