+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University professor/Lecturer category requirements

cheers13

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Dear Senior,
I am Lecturer in a Degree college which is affiliated to University and I am also interested to apply in 4011 category but there is a doubt that I am Lecturer in a Degree college and this category demands University professor, so am I eligible to apply or not?
Please suggest……….

haroon512

Star Member
Sep 18, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th October, 2009
Doc's Request.
4th January, 2010
AOR Received.
18th August, 2010
IELTS Request
5th May, 2010
File Transfer...
January, 2010
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-12-2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 08/01/2014 and 22/01/2014
VISA ISSUED...
29/01/2014
LANDED..........
inshALLAH at the end of Feb, 2014
I think you do not qualify in this category as they have exclusively asked for University professor and lecturer. Your college affiliation can not change your designation. You can consult other senior members.

[ :qu :eek:te author=cheers13 link=topic=200507.msg3094638#msg3094638 date=1398981293]
Dear Senior,
I am Lecturer in a Degree college which is affiliated to University and I am also interested to apply in 4011 category but there is a doubt that I am Lecturer in a Degree college and this category demands University professor, so am I eligible to apply or not?
Please suggest..........

[/quote]

sahrhp

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
I agree with what haroon512 says. This is for people directly employed by universities.
Although college professors teach, their main responsibilities do not include active research work and curriculum planning, drafting degree requirements etc.
The degree requirement too is at least a Masters degree for Lecturers.
Your only hope is if you can obtain a letter directly from the university your college is affiliated with, stating you are a recognised employee of the university and mentioning almost all of the main responsibilities mentioned in the link below.
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=4011&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

You'll notice that it is explicitly stated therein that College and other vocational instructors (4021) are excluded from 4011, you can try to get that letter tho.

cheers13

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
sahrhp said:
I agree with what haroon512 says. This is for people directly employed by universities.
Although college professors teach, their main responsibilities do not include active research work and curriculum planning, drafting degree requirements etc.
The degree requirement too is at least a Masters degree for Lecturers.
Your only hope is if you can obtain a letter directly from the university your college is affiliated with, stating you are a recognised employee of the university and mentioning almost all of the main responsibilities mentioned in the link below.
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=4011&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

You'll notice that it is explicitly stated therein that College and other vocational instructors (4021) are excluded from 4011, you can try to get that letter tho.
But immigration consultant agency is overconfident that university affiliated college teaching experience will qualify.

sahrhp

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Search for NOC 4021 and its requirements and duties, it will match your current job responsibilities, title etc. How are you or the consultant going to prove to the visa officer that you do not belong to 4012. It will be very difficult, as your employer's name and job experience letter all suggest that you're a college instructor! The only way you can create some chance is, as i mentioned before, if you can get a letter from the affiliating university for your cause.

cheers13

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
sahrhp said:
Search for NOC 4021 and its requirements and duties, it will match your current job responsibilities, title etc. How are you or the consultant going to prove to the visa officer that you do not belong to 4012. It will be very difficult, as your employer's name and job experience letter all suggest that you're a college instructor! The only way you can create some chance is, as i mentioned before, if you can get a letter from the affiliating university for your cause.
Thanks for your guideline.............

cheers13

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
haroon512 said:
I think you do not qualify in this category as they have exclusively asked for University professor and lecturer. Your college affiliation can not change your designation. You can consult other senior members.

[ :qu :eek:te author=cheers13 link=topic=200507.msg3094638#msg3094638 date=1398981293]
Dear Senior,
Please suggest..........

anymore input..............

tareqjaber

May 2, 2014
Hello Guys,

I would highly appreciate your input. As you know that the university professor occupation just back to FSW after 4 years, and with 1000 application. So, what do you think of our chances for this turn if we apply in 2 months time as the required documents need time to be obtained????

Best regards

sahrhp

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
I personally think that 2 months from now, the cap won't be filled. But pretty near to a thousand apps, like around 500-800. But better be safe than sorry, and apply as early as you can.
But this is just my opinion!!

tareqjaber

May 2, 2014
sahrhp said:
I personally think that 2 months from now, the cap won't be filled. But pretty near to a thousand apps, like around 500-800. But better be safe than sorry, and apply as early as you can.
But this is just my opinion!!
Thank you so much for the feedback. I will do every effort to submit asap.

rn_2007

May 11, 2014
Dear Experts,

I have been a university lecturer since nov. 2008 even if i am just a bachelor's degree holder. Can i pursue my application for FSW? thank you for your replies.

sincerely,

Ariel

POKLINK

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Hi all, i am a technologist working in the university and my job duties are
Demonstration and teaching of hematology and blood transfusion practical work to medical and dental students,
preparing and updating of laboratory manuals
prepare laboratory assignments, reports and examination
preparation of reagents used and participate in both students theory and practical examinations supervision
participate in all departments scientific research work and preparation of postgraduate examination including other duties assigned by the Head of Department
Since medical laboratory technologist is not included in the list can i apply for noc 4011

sahrhp

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
POKLINK said:
Hi all, i am a technologist working in the university and my job duties are
Demonstration and teaching of hematology and blood transfusion practical work to medical and dental students,
preparing and updating of laboratory manuals
prepare laboratory assignments, reports and examination
preparation of reagents used and participate in both students theory and practical examinations supervision
participate in all departments scientific research work and preparation of postgraduate examination including other duties assigned by the Head of Department
Since medical laboratory technologist is not included in the list can i apply for noc 4011
I don't think you qualify under 4011. Lab Technicians and university professors/lecturers have very different set of duties which is apparent in the duties you listed. Search for 4011 in noc 2011 and take a look at the main duties. you'll find very little in common. That's my opinion!

Vik2002

May 16, 2014
rn_2007 said:
Dear Experts,

I have been a university lecturer since nov. 2008 even if i am just a bachelor's degree holder. Can i pursue my application for FSW? thank you for your replies.

sincerely,

Ariel
Hello Ariel,

Did you get any reply back as I do have same question!

Vik2002

May 16, 2014
haroon512 said:

Dear Senior,
Please suggest..........

Hello there,
Can I apply as a university lecturer category as my qualifications in only Bachelors in Engg but I do have three years of university lecturer experience