+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University (ontatio PNP) or college dilemma please help

buzoo

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Hello friends i have got admission in
> masters in University of Windsor(1 year,3 semester) also
> 2 year fast track course at centennial college .

Some one said there is PNP Masters Ontario program which doesn't need job offer..with 1300 nominees per year.(Can anyone explain what is this thing clearly). Also i will be having 1 year work permit with that can make PR task difficult.

On other side i can goto centennial college and will be Canada for Atleast 5 years and make some JUGAD ;D meanwhile for PR . Everyone is saying studying masters is better then collages .
So please can anyone guide me if my main priority is Getting PR and i am more biased towards centennial college .please help me out what to do.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It will be far easier to get a good job after you complete you studies with a Masters.

I know your priority is getting PR - but I would also think about your long term future in Canada.

If you think long term - you're far better off with a Masters.

buzoo

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
With one year master.How much PGWP can expect? It say Ontario master PNP has limit of 1300 .Roughly more then 6000 graduates from Ontario province in year . So how they are going to nominate 1300 is it going to be hard .It so confusing and seems dangerous to go for masters as it is one year masters. can some clear this whole scenario

umairq00

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Hi there,

Please use the below link to get information on the path you wanna take:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS.html

You have to do your homework and find out the answers using this website. As you can see, you have to show financial statements and give IELTS when applying through Masters Stream. They nominate on case to case basis. So do your best! Also, after completion of your masters program, you can get a PGWP which is normally valid for 2-3 years. So if you are not nominated, you can still apply for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) stream after getting one year Canadian experience.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

You have options and it all depends on your completion of Masters program. So you should work hard on that.

Hope that helps.