+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Saskatchewan application status confusion

Caffeine1

Jun 10, 2021
Hi,
Just an update.
It took me 2 days before the website update. What a relief.
I already accepted the offer :)

Here's my timeline :)
  • April 27 -Took DET (Duolingo English Test)
  • April 30 - Applied for USask Winter Intake 2022
  • May 2 - Completed all school requirements
  • May 20- Received Recommendation for Admission to College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (e-mail)
  • June 9 - Date of Letter of Acceptance (but wasn’t able to see this because there’s no website update)
  • June 11- Website update and I accepted the offer. :)

Best of luck to everyone! :)

Fatima Sater

Jul 15, 2021
Hello Guys,
I’ve been recommended for admissions (ME in Civil Engineering) since June 17,2021 but until now i didn’t receive the official acceptance letter. Is it normal?

Guddah

Apr 13, 2020
Surely after the deadline of ur program, yo will surely hear from the university still keep your hopes those of us still waiting for recommendation request

Dreamz76

Jul 17, 2021
Status still shows completed for fall 2021!!! Is it normal? Is anyone here still waiting with completed status?

Dreamz76

Jul 17, 2021
Did you notify the department that you submitted all the required documents?
No. Moreover, I don't think I need to inform them that I have submitted all of my documents. Because when your status shows completed it means you have fulfil their requirements, isn't it? Besides they never informed me anything regarding my documents during this waiting period email communication.

Fatima Sater

Jul 15, 2021
No. Moreover, I don't think I need to inform them that I have submitted all of my documents. Because when your status shows completed it means you have fulfil their requirements, isn't it?
That what i thought at the beginning, but if you read their mails well you will notice that they underlined and bolded a sentence stating that as you upload your documents you should notify us so they can start reviewing your documents.

Dreamz76

Jul 17, 2021
That what i thought at the beginning, but if you read their mails well you will notice that they underlined and bolded a sentence stating that as you upload your documents you should notify us so they can start reviewing your documents.
The admission process for graduate students is a two-step process.

After you have submitted the online application, the academic unit will receive notice and will be able to:

• Make sure all supporting documents have been received and the application fee has been paid;
  • Review your academic background and, where applicable, your English test results;
  • Make sure, where applicable, that there is a faculty member willing to supervise you;
  • Review your letters of recommendation;
  • Make a determination on departmental scholarships, fellowships or other funding;
  • Make a decision on recommending you for admission to the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, or notify you by email or letter that your application was not successful.
The second step involves a CGPS Graduate Programs Advisors who will:

• Review the recommendation submitted by your academic unit;
  • Ensure all eligibility criteria have been met;
  • Either approve your admission into the CGPS and issue you formal letters of offer of admission or work with the unit recommending your admission to satisfactorily resolve any issues.
This is the process of admission. Here, nothing is mentioned here, I need to inform them again that I have submitted my documents so they can start reviewing my application. Academic unit will receive a notification automatically when I have submitted all of my required documents. All Canadian educational institutions have this same kind of system.

Fatima Sater

Jul 15, 2021
It is important that you monitor your online application and notify this office when all outstanding items are uploaded/received.

As i paid for my receipt, i received in the email this sentence. So you need to inform the admissions that all the documents are filled out and your application is ready to be reviewed.