+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UNIVERSITY OF REGINA APPLICATION MHRM TO MAdmin

hussain_00112

Aug 28, 2017
Hello everyone.
My name is Asad
My qualifications are
BBA: CGPA 3.03
IELTS: 7.5 (L: 8.5, R: 7.0, W: 6.5, S: 7.0)
HSC: GPA 4.6 out of 5
SSC: GPA 4.2 out of 5

I have applied to Master of Human Resource Management at The University of Regina on 11 july 2018 for winter 2019 intake. My full application was received by Faculty of graduate studies by 03 august. On 15th August I received an email from Regina's academic advisor whom I was corresponding that after reviewing my aoplication I don't have direct experience in Human resource but the academic advisor belive that I met the entry requirement for MAdmin (Master of Administration major in leadership) and if this program interests me I should let her know by this August 16th so that she can change my program. She gave me the program website link. On this link I can see that i meet entry requirements. But after searching on their website, on another page under admission requirements of MAdmin I saw they put "for international student unuversity MAY ask applicant to complete GRE with satisfactory score. I did not sit for GRE or GMAT. I sent all my application documents to Regina. I got the mail 13 days after Regina receivedy full application package. Now from you experineced people out there, I want to know will University ask me for GRE? Or as its MAY on their requirements they will waive this requirement? I was really hoping to get admitted into University of Regina. But if they put GRE as a requirement for mr that dream will be gone as I don't have any time to sit for GRE. Your kind replies wilp be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Joelle111

May 30, 2018
Hello everyone.
My name is Asad
My qualifications are
BBA: CGPA 3.03
IELTS: 7.5 (L: 8.5, R: 7.0, W: 6.5, S: 7.0)
HSC: GPA 4.6 out of 5
SSC: GPA 4.2 out of 5

I have applied to Master of Human Resource Management at The University of Regina on 11 july 2018 for winter 2019 intake. My full application was received by Faculty of graduate studies by 03 august. On 15th August I received an email from Regina's academic advisor whom I was corresponding that after reviewing my aoplication I don't have direct experience in Human resource but the academic advisor belive that I met the entry requirement for MAdmin (Master of Administration major in leadership) and if this program interests me I should let her know by this August 16th so that she can change my program. She gave me the program website link. On this link I can see that i meet entry requirements. But after searching on their website, on another page under admission requirements of MAdmin I saw they put "for international student unuversity MAY ask applicant to complete GRE with satisfactory score. I did not sit for GRE or GMAT. I sent all my application documents to Regina. I got the mail 13 days after Regina receivedy full application package. Now from you experineced people out there, I want to know will University ask me for GRE? Or as its MAY on their requirements they will waive this requirement? I was really hoping to get admitted into University of Regina. But if they put GRE as a requirement for mr that dream will be gone as I don't have any time to sit for GRE. Your kind replies wilp be much appreciated.
Hi

I am also interested in the program. What is the status of your case? To answer your question, this is what it says about GRE

"Unless an applicant holds a thesis-based Master's degree from a Canadian University, GRE General is recommended for international applicants to programs in Biochemistry and Chemistry. The GRE General test score is required by applicants to the MA in Clinical or Experimental and Applied Psychology. International applicants are encouraged to write the GRE physics subject exam in addition to the TOEFL. It is recommended that international students in other disciplines take the GRE test(s) so that their academic abilities and potential may be better judged, but this is not a requirement".

It does not mention MAdmin in Leadership. But they said IT MAY strengthen your application. I don't think it is mandatory. Furthermore, on the MAdmin Leadership page, it says Managers and Professionals who don't have an undergraduate degree can take the GMAT in lieu of this.

Again, I don't think its mandatory.
You can email your application advisor to clarify aswell.