+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Calgary

Ayo787

Feb 18, 2019
I applied for enrollment in university of Calgary for the masters program in Petroleum engineering for the fall term 2019. What are the chances of getting offer letter from the university ?

Did u secured supervisor prior to applying? That can actually increase your chances

faizanshafiq

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Okay, just call or mail the admission committee stating that your supervisor has provided with the recommendation and ask if anything else is required.. if not then ask for a conditional admit with the pre-req course mentioned.. get visa for the duration of one term using the conditional admit,, then get full admit and extend your study visa for the duration of your program
Thanks very nice suggestion. But how do I contact the committee? I have no access to it. I can only talk to graduate admission lady her name is Jackie.

rahuln

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Thanks very nice suggestion. But how do I contact the committee? I have no access to it. I can only talk to graduate admission lady her name is Jackie.
Yeah you can contact her. She will be able to help you or put you in touch with someone who might.

faizanshafiq

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
I got this email 2 days back from the professor and he said that:

Hi Faizan,

My apology for not responding more promptly.

Finally things are moving, and we are close to having some positive development.
I just want to confirm with you: Are you still interested? If admission were to be offered, would you come to study at U of Calgary in the Fall 2019? Or have you already accepted offers from other universities?

Let me know. Thanks.

And I said this
I am totally interested or should I say more than interested in studying at U of Calgary under you supervision. I was anxiously waiting for your reply and finally got it.
Thank you for response. Now waiting to get my acceptance letter.

rahuln

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I got this email 2 days back from the professor and he said that:

Hi Faizan,

My apology for not responding more promptly.

Finally things are moving, and we are close to having some positive development.
I just want to confirm with you: Are you still interested? If admission were to be offered, would you come to study at U of Calgary in the Fall 2019? Or have you already accepted offers from other universities?

Let me know. Thanks.

And I said this
I am totally interested or should I say more than interested in studying at U of Calgary under you supervision. I was anxiously waiting for your reply and finally got it.
Thank you for response. Now waiting to get my acceptance letter.
That's great. Your supervisor was busy before but now he can recommend you. I don't think you need to do anything else, just follow up with them in a week if you don't get your offer. But I think you'll get it.

faizanshafiq

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
That's great. Your supervisor was busy before but now he can recommend you. I don't think you need to do anything else, just follow up with them in a week if you don't get your offer. But I think you'll get it.
Thanks. But I lied little bit from him. He asked if you have accepted admission from other universities and I said that I haven't applied in any other university as I was confident I will get the admission after having online meeting with you and he said wounderful :D. Actually I have applied in u of Saskatchewan and there I have not secured any Prof. . Is this okay or I should not have lied to him?

Mandii

Feb 19, 2019
Hello ,
I had my first degree in International Relations and Diplomacy and graduated with a second lower 3.19 CGPA and a 4.33 GP (Nigerian Standard)
I plan on studying International Development for Masters I’m Canada

what are my chances of gaining admission with my previous Results with an average of 71 and 78 respectively in my last two semesters. And what schools can accept me.

rahuln

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Hello ,
I had my first degree in International Relations and Diplomacy and graduated with a second lower 3.19 CGPA and a 4.33 GP (Nigerian Standard)
I plan on studying International Development for Masters I’m Canada

what are my chances of gaining admission with my previous Results with an average of 71 and 78 respectively in my last two semesters. And what schools can accept me.
Hi, I don't know about Nigeria standard but if you've got second lower standing then probably you should look at low tier Unis like lakehead, cape Breton or even post graduate diploma at colleges..

kapil098

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
You shouldn't have, but it's okay I guess, since you didn't get an offer from sask. It's always better to be candid with your supervisor.
hello rahul can u tell me about my profile which is listed below:
I applied in M.Eng electrical and computer Engineering in University of Calgary.
CGPA: 3.37/4 and last two year GPA: 3.56/4
Ielts: 6.5
Bachelors in Electronics with one year Experience
Can u help me bro

Ayo787

Feb 18, 2019
hello rahul can u tell me about my profile which is listed below:
I applied in M.Eng electrical and computer Engineering in University of Calgary.
CGPA: 3.37/4 and last two year GPA: 3.56/4
Ielts: 6.5
Bachelors in Electronics with one year Experience
Can u help me bro

You stand a good chance of been admitted but getting a supervisor will increase your chances of acceptance. Hope you secured a prospective supervisor prior to applying?

rahuln

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I don't think meng requires supervisor in Calgary. Like he said, your profile is good but I haven't applied in Calgary so can't say. Join the applicants chat group on yocket. You'll get a better idea