+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Alberta, Manitoba and British Columbia Applicants!! need help!!

chandolaharsh

Jun 9, 2015
Hey folks,

I applied at University of Regina for MASc. Program in Systems Engineering (Electrical and Computer Engineering Department) for FALL 2015 SESSION and at University of Manitoba, Alberta and British Columbia for Winter 2016 session.

My credentials are:
Alma Mater : THE UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD, UNITED KINGDOM
Degree : Master of Engineering (MEng.) in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Score : SECOND CLASS HONOURS, UPPER(FIRST) DIVISION (in GPA it lies between 3.3-3.7 on 4.0 scale)
IELTS - I don't need IELTS as I have graduated from UK. (Although I scored 7.0 when I first gave it back in 2010)
I have never failed a subject through out my degree so I have had no backlogs ever.

What are my chances of securing a place at these university?
Also, so far I haven't been able to secure a supervisor, though it wasn't mandatory but is advisable to do so to strengthen the application; so since I haven't been able to secure a supervisor does that mean I won't get admitted? do people get admission without prior securing a supervisor?

I have tried to initiate a contact with all possible supervisors and haven't got a single reply from anybody.

Any suggestions? How are my chances to get admitted ? Should I be hopeful ?

Status of all my application states : Pending dept./faculty selection/ in progress/ under review etc..

Thank you all for your help and advices.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Hope with your score, you will get admission soon. My son sent mail to UOA professor for MSc Mech Engg admission last month, but until now no reply from them?

chandolaharsh

Jun 9, 2015
ttrajan said:
Hope with your score, you will get admission soon. My son sent mail to UOA professor for MSc Mech Engg admission last month, but until now no reply from them?
I actually wait for a week and then I send a reminder email. Sometimes they revert back seeing a small reminder email. I too have had no luck with the supervisors. :(

RAZU

Apr 26, 2015
Hi
As far as my knowledge and experience is concerned, in most of the cases for any research degrees namely M.Sc and PhD you need to secure a supervisor who is willing to accept you as his/her research student under his/her supervision.for M.eng not necessary. i m not writing this to discourage anyone.

Try 2-3 times emailing concerned supervisors with 1-2 paragraph explaining ur academic& scholastic &research n industrial experience if u have any n research papers n projects n CGPA n IELTS/GRE score finally y u r interested in doing research in specific field.
for sure you get response from one or the other professor (s).
if possible try to call them after sending email, which would always good idea.
There are n number of ways to contact professor in that this is the one way contacting.
hope this helps

chandolaharsh

Jun 9, 2015
RAZU said:
Hi
As far as my knowledge and experience is concerned, in most of the cases for any research degrees namely M.Sc and PhD you need to secure a supervisor who is willing to accept you as his/her research student under his/her supervision.for M.eng not necessary. i m not writing this to discourage anyone.

Try 2-3 times emailing concerned supervisors with 1-2 paragraph explaining ur academic& scholastic &research n industrial experience if u have any n research papers n projects n CGPA n IELTS/GRE score finally y u r interested in doing research in specific field.
for sure you get response from one or the other professor (s).
if possible try to call them after sending email, which would always good idea.
There are n number of ways to contact professor in that this is the one way contacting.
hope this helps
I haven't tried calling as I thought they might just take it as a rude gesture.. But yes I'm persistent. I'll try calling up a few professors. I do understand that for research based degrees securing a supervisor is a vital step. thanks for your advice mate :) I'll definitely try to call up a few now