+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Alberta Acceptance Chances?

xaeem

Jun 23, 2012
I am student of Mechanical Engineering, started in 2008. Due to some circumstances my degree will complete in 2013 instead of 2012. I want to apply in University of Alberta for MEng Engineering Management for September 2013 intake. As applying date is March 1, 2013 so at the time of application my GPA will be 2.3 with few courses to be cleared. However by the end of degree my GPA is expected to be 2.7/4.0.
No work experience i have.

So what are my chances for admission in UofA?

ahmad36

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xaeem said:
I am student of Mechanical Engineering, started in 2008. Due to some circumstances my degree will complete in 2013 instead of 2012. I want to apply in University of Alberta for MEng Engineering Management for September 2013 intake. As applying date is March 1, 2013 so at the time of application my GPA will be 2.3 with few courses to be cleared. However by the end of degree my GPA is expected to be 2.7/4.0.

Kyun mazak krtay ho brother ........
I applied last time for M.Sc. civil engineering (Structural). I had CGPA that time about 3.6 and got rejected. I am also from '08 Session.
I have applied again with improved CGPA 3.7 and hoping best for this time.

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
xaeem said:

IELTS ? and also probability is low !

wahab7

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th oct
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
xaeem said:

yr to be very frank chances r slim. but if u have strong research background then u could get admission. i don't know about engg manag. but they closed MEng for ECE. u can only apply for MSc in ECE. do check for ur prog

xaeem

Jun 23, 2012
What I have heard is GPA requirement is high for the MSc programmes out there but as MEng is course based non funded degree, the admission requirements are lower.

You people are talking about the admission to MSc programmes.

wahab7

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th oct
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
xaeem said:
What I have heard is GPA requirement is high for the MSc programmes out there but as MEng is course based non funded degree, the admission requirements are lower.

yes u r right but if u have good research background as i said and u convince super visor then u can make through this even with low GPA.

ahmad36

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xaeem said:

Please see the minimum GPA requirement for your proposed program

http://www.mece.engineering.ualberta.ca/Graduate/HowtoApply/AdmissionRequirements.aspx

xaeem

Jun 23, 2012
But MEng is course based programme not thesis based.. Plus there are no supervisor guidance required for MEng. They are assigned for MSc programme which are research based or thesis based.

The minimum requirements are 65% or first division for Pakistan which equals 2.6 GPA.

So if I fulfill application requirements with a research journal, can i make place there?

wahab7

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th oct
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
xaeem said:
But MEng is course based programme not thesis based.. Plus there are no supervisor guidance required for MEng. They are assigned for MSc programme which are research based or thesis based.

The minimum requirements are 65% or first division for Pakistan which equals 2.6 GPA.

So if I fulfill application requirements with a research journal, can i make place there?
email ur research work to professor of ur course. if they r interested in ur research work then they will contact u and ask u to complete the application and submit application fee. if supervisor is interested in ur work that means u r admitted in university. send them email and wait for their response.

Aasim.ahmad

Oct 4, 2012
guys i did chemical engg recently over all gpa is 2.8 and last 2 years gpa is 2.9 which is around 74 percnt. i really dont care abt money,i can afford finances. what should I do to get admission in alberta? some1 said GRE with 90 percentile plus will cover my gpa.. what about references? what abt working experience in same field?